Jomi
Conscript

Artillery Units

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Good evening :

I have started a game with the nationalists. I´m in 1938. But I can´t build artillery units. What´s the problem? What must I do?

Thank you very much.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:27 pm

I don't really know, but I guess that artillery cannot be just recruited, bust must be acquired abroad, for which there are some options earlier in the game.

I think it is similar with tanks, which only come with foreign forces.

TheDoctorKing

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Yes, Spain's industrial base was very weak in 1936. They could manufacture artillery ammunition, and a few simple armored cars, but most of the tools of modern warfare - tanks, planes, aircraft - had to be imported. In the game, this is handled through option play. The Italians and Germans give their Nationalist friends these things, or allow them to buy them, while the Republic gets its artillery off the international arms market through purchase and its tanks and aircraft from the USSR. There is a convoy box in the lower right-hand corner where you will see Republican naval forces hanging out waiting for shiploads of stuff from the Russians. I think interfering with them is an important mission for the Nationalist fleet.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jomi
Conscript

Artillery units

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:02 pm

thedoctorking wrote:yes, spain's industrial base was very weak in 1936. They could manufacture artillery ammunition, and a few simple armored cars, but most of the tools of modern warfare - tanks, planes, aircraft - had to be imported. In the game, this is handled through option play. The italians and germans give their nationalist friends these things, or allow them to buy them, while the republic gets its artillery off the international arms market through purchase and its tanks and aircraft from the ussr. There is a convoy box in the lower right-hand corner where you will see republican naval forces hanging out waiting for shiploads of stuff from the russians. I think interfering with them is an important mission for the nationalist fleet.

thank you very much

Return to “España 1936”