schmolywar
Private

Bug or feature?

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:14 am

So since I cant replace losses from the production center screen but I can see losees replace automatically over a long period of time and trough events, is this a feature or a bug?

I want to know before I venture on the long campaign.

Leibst

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:44 am

Maybe you have some replacements already bought. Some of them at the start od the game and some ( a few) in the first turns but just that.
There is a problem with the mouse, i feel like if i hoover over the icons in the screen the computer take it as a click. So if you click to buy a replacement and you hoover the mouse over the nato simbol you cancel the replacement you have ordered.
There is a trick until this is fixed. I can buy several replacements clicking in the top left side and moving it fast to the opposite corner, doing this all the time but taking care of not moving the mouse over the nato symbol. I know its weird, sorry for the inconveniences.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

schmolywar
Private

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:35 pm

Could you explain exactly, maybe with a picture, how you do this? I managed to buy new replacements on turn 1 by avoiding hovering the mouse over the nato symbol, but on turn 2 and ownwards I could not get it to work again.

Leibst

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Yes
click on numer one, holding the click move to 2, then repeat.
Try to not hoover over the nato symbol after each replacement you buy because it works as a right click.
[ATTACH]25008[/ATTACH]
Attachments
replacementsIssue.JPG
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Zjevakin
Conscript

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:19 pm

The first turn when I start up the whole game (with a new game or old save), clicking replacement functions well, but after processing the turn it has stopped working. I will try your click-tactic as well. On a sidenote, when you open the ledger with objectives and hover the mousepointer over the name of a strategic objective, the ledger closes and the map centers on the objective, as if you had clicked. Something related, perhaps? And, let me just say this: I think you have made an excellent game and I look forward to how it will develop :)

schmolywar
Private

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Yup that worked, thanks.

Leibst

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:01 pm

anyway a good solution is under way ;)
HQ website

kongxinga
Private

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:59 pm

I also like to add that some of your losses come back as replacements, as the merely deserted and did not die or get captured. 2/3 of the chits lost in attrition and 1/3 of the chits lost in battle come back eventually in replacements pool.

milrevko
Conscript

Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:00 pm

I think I am not able to buy replacements. I check to make sure I have enough money and conscripts and war supplies. But, for some reason I can not buy any replacement points?

aspqrz02
Conscript

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:19 pm

milrevko wrote:I think I am not able to buy replacements. I check to make sure I have enough money and conscripts and war supplies. But, for some reason I can not buy any replacement points?

Yes. I seem to be having the same problem. There seems to be nowhere in the replacement box that I can click and get any reaction at all ... it's not a matter of accidentally hitting the NATO symbol after I do it, I simply cannot get any reaction, that is, I cannot choose a replacement in the first place. Not in the same way as you can in RUS, AACW or ACW2 or, indeed, any other AGEOD game.

=====
Edit

Actually, when I first start up the game, if I select the screen with the Replacements I can actually select replacements by simply moving the mouse pointer over the chit ... no click is required ... and can select multiple replacements simply by moving the pointer (with no click) over the chit multiple times.

If I click on either mouse button, then moving the mouse pointer over a chit that has replacements chosen subtracts one replacement each time I move the pointer over the chit (again, no click is necessary).

However, you can't change between adding or subtracting chits.

You can add all the chits you want, then change to subtracting, and can subtract all of the added chits, but then you can't change back to adding chits. You can add some chits, then switch to subtracting, but, even if you try to change back to adding, you can't ...

... and once you have done this, it isn't EVER reset, not even by progressing to the next game turn.

At least, not by anything I can do.

Bug?

Phil

Phil

Stelteck
Colonel

Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:27 pm

There is the same click/bug issue in all screen of the game, especially decision, list, etc... It is really difficult to play.

If you navigate to read the military/politics screen/decision to choose, you have a high chance to select it just by moving around without click, and to deselect it the same way if you want to select it.

It is a very important problem. Game is near unplayable with this currently.

Leibst

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:08 pm

HQ website

aspqrz02
Conscript

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:34 am

And I thought I had the Beta Patch installed ... just like with ACW2's Beta Patch ... but, for some reason, the rotten installer, in both cases, installed the updated files in an identically named folder inside the game folder, rather than directly over the game folder. In effect, installing the files where they would do absolutely no good at all.

I had to move them manually in both cases.

But now it works ... I'll just have to remember that this quirk of the installer now exists, in future.

Thanks,

Phil

Return to “España 1936”