jcrohio
Lieutenant

Questions

Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:14 pm

Making an attempt to learn this system and have a couple of questions (probably more to come). :)

1. What are Special Units and Elite Units? Elite units are a type of Replacement and are mentioned in the forums as being important to include in any division. I am just not sure what they are. I know sometimes I see elite elements in a unit. Does this make the unit elite? Special Units I have seen mentioned but have no idea what they are.

2. When making the Blockade do I need the correct number of ships in all regions given in the tooltip? For instance, Richmond has two areas mentioned the James River and Coastal Waters. Do I need to have blockade ships in both areas?

3. How can I tell if a port is blockaded. I know there is supposed to be an icon showing this but sometimes I see it and other times not. For example I had icons showing up in Suffolk and Hampton Roads but not Richmond even though the necessary regions are the same for all three.

4. What is actually blockaded? I have read conflicting reports here. War supplies, money, ammo, general supplies, conscripts? What is blockaded?

Thanks for the help
Jack

jcrohio
Lieutenant

Re: Questions

Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:43 pm

I think I have figured the answers to my questions one and two above.

1. But I still have some questions on the blockade. The only port I am trying to blockade right now is the Richmond port and the ports around it. I have the necessary number of ships in the Coastal Waters and the James Estuary. The blockade icons are showing up consistently on the smaller ports around Richmond and sometimes at Richmond. Literally there are turns when the blockade icon is on Richmond and others where it is not. The other question with Richmond is that the regions the tooltip indicates that I should have ships are Coastal Waters and the James River, not the James Estuary. Not sure if this is right or wrong or what is going on.

So to summarize above what regions do I place ships in and what is going on with Richmond sometimes showing the blockade icon and other times not?

2. What is actually blockaded? I have read conflicting reports here. Are war supplies, money, ammo, general supplies, conscripts blockaded? If not all five of these which ones?

Thanks for any help
Jack

Return to “Civil War II”