brettossman
Private

Belle Boyd

Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:04 am

I saw a post about using Belle Boyd, but years ago so may not even be monitored or followed.

It gave me the impression you don't do anything with her, except keep her from being captured. That's it.

That correct?

AACW3Plz
Corporal

Re: Belle Boyd

Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:57 pm

She has the Master Spy ability, so she increases detection values. I havent really looked to see what her hide value is, or if it's standard for support units, but I might tinker with a mod for her and other spies to make more of a cat and mouse game with Union police or something.

grimjaw
General

Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:53 pm

She is eventually removed from play by event, although it may be a dice roll per turn. Better to have had her as an RGD.

Durk

Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:02 pm

Belle Boyd like all spies can travel in green/green and pretty much to anywhere. She can be killed by a lucky cavalry unit with a decent leader. I use spies to clear away the fog of war. Even if you can see enemy forces' strength, there is a +/- value to the sighting. With a spy, you see through the fog; or so I think when I am not too foggy.
So critical if the South is looking for a mistake in Union deployment in the early war.

Return to “Civil War II”