brettossman
Private

Points to Know - CSA

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:05 pm

That was some list, WOW.
Lot of great information, but how much do you really need to know to succeed?
I'll keep looking at it, but again, WOW. I won't actually play for months, if I try to memorize all that. LOL

I'm still learning heavily, and want to play CSA. Guess it's the southern in me. LOL

Is there a "Cliff Notes" version of absolutely necessary or starter list, things to know?

I have watched and read MANY tutorials and guides, but still missing something. Just can't seem to get over the hump (Shiloh at the moment).

I'm hoping to phase my way into aspects of this, learning a little more and more as I go.

Rod Smart
Colonel

Re: Points to Know - CSA

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:28 pm

Put all your best generals and troops in Northern Virginia, and make a rush for DC. The longer the war goes, the stronger the Union gets.

Or, play a game as the Union. They have a higher margin for error. You can lose battles for years, and still have enough resources to win the war - just like real life. That will help you learn the game.

AACW3Plz
Corporal

Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:24 pm

brettossman wrote:That was some list, WOW.
Lot of great information, but how much do you really need to know to succeed?
I'll keep looking at it, but again, WOW. I won't actually play for months, if I try to memorize all that. LOL

I'm still learning heavily, and want to play CSA. Guess it's the southern in me. LOL

Is there a "Cliff Notes" version of absolutely necessary or starter list, things to know?

I have watched and read MANY tutorials and guides, but still missing something. Just can't seem to get over the hump (Shiloh at the moment).

I'm hoping to phase my way into aspects of this, learning a little more and more as I go.

As the CSA, I usually make a strong push for KY or MO vs the AI. The infrastructure gains are easily as good as actually upgrading infrastructure (build arsenals, powder mills, etc) but with a faster return, and it deprives the Union of some force pools (they will still have more troops of course).

I have self-modded Beau and Johnston so they cant push for DC as well as they otherwise might (Beau is 3-0-3 vs default 4-2-4), but in Vanilla that's a good option.

brettossman
Private

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:50 pm

Thanks
I'm playing the 2-star scenarios right now as learning tools, so as to not get overwhelmed.

Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:29 am

My advice would be to put aside player vs AI games, which are often incurably frustrating, and try playing both sides. I've never enjoyed the game as much as when playing it like this :)

Return to “Civil War II”