Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Emancipation Proclamation

Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:29 pm

Does the Emancipation Proclamation event require certain conditions before it triggers? Am I correct in thinking that without a significant Union victory in November/December 1862 it doesn't happen?

grimjaw
General

Re: Emancipation Proclamation

Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:48 pm

The AI has conditions emancipation, but only on whether or not it uses the option. The option is presented to the AI regardless, if I'm not mistaken.

There are conditions on the results of choosing the emancipate, depending on the date and morale level. I wouldn't change the option to make it available to the Union player, regardless of the status of the war, but I might fiddle with the results. It quickly spins off into speculation, though.

Brigadier General

Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:01 am

Well, I got to September 1863 and it still hadn't been presented as an option and I was beginning to wonder what I'd missed. What are the conditions for it not being presented to the player?

By the way, can you show me how to rename units? I always use the extended forces pool and I don't like the generic names assigned to units once it gets past the historical brigades, etc.

Nikel

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:18 pm

From CW2 database:

Emancipation Proclamation – USA political decision

Event text: Lincoln declares all slaves in seceded states “forever free.” Blacks will now be accepted for service in the U.S. army.

Required: Second Confiscation Act, USA military victory in preceding four turns resulting in an NM gain of at least two. Once only.

Effects: -15 EP, Create 40 USCT infantry units in USA force pool ($ slightly less than a normal conscript unit of the same type, same CSC and WSU cost, high cohesion conscript-style units, grow into normal line units – maybe higher cohesion?? Don’t know if I’d go for elite attack and defense values - when trained. Can be built in southern cities). CSC boost (+100). Increase CSC production of southern cities controlled by USA (+1 in medium black population region, +2 in high), with +1 bonuses for northern cities with large free black populations (Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Chicago, and St. Louis). Add two “black regiment” RGDs to USA force pool. Random FI effect -20 to +5. Large loyalty bonuses and moderate maluses and regional devastations and CSA slave labor unit desertion as “Second Confiscation Act” above. Reduce NM or loyalty maluses of USA calls for volunteers or conscription (to reflect the fact that northern states can now fill their quotas with black soldiers, reducing the political costs to state governments). Add three “black regiment” RGDs to USA stock, remove one “white Unionist” RGD, add one “Copperhead” RGD to CSA force pool.

Brigadier General

Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:20 pm

Thank you for the answer. I had assumed that a Union victory of some significance was a precursor for this event to trigger. I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed anything :)

Return to “Civil War II”