Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Virginia Peninsula Map/Map in general

Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:49 am

Am I the only one who'd like to see a more detailed map, with the smaller towns and various geographical features playing their part in battles? In particular the Virginia Peninsula, which could and should be one of the most vital and intriguing collection of regions within the game, seems undercooked. Is it possible to zoom in just a little? ;)

pgr
General of the Army

Re: Virginia Peninsula Map/Map in general

Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:05 pm

I have always felt VA seemed a bit cramped. If you compare the CW1 and CW2 maps, CW 2 is bigger because they expanded the edges. There are times i wish they had kept the same scope, but zoomed in.

Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Re: Virginia Peninsula Map/Map in general

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:22 pm

pgr wrote:I have always felt VA seemed a bit cramped. If you compare the CW1 and CW2 maps, CW 2 is bigger because they expanded the edges. There are times i wish they had kept the same scope, but zoomed in.

Without a doubt. The Shenandoah region really suffers from this too. In an ideal world many of those smaller towns would be featured on the map alongside the roads and tracks that existed at the time. If the player had multiple roads and tracks to choose from that led to or around their ultimate destination then suddenly, aside from enhancing the potential importance of a particular area, tactics and strategy would take on a whole new meaning within the game and it wouldn't just be a series of regional back and forth slugging matches.

Return to “Civil War II”