lightbrave
Captain

Points to know for the Confederates

Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:00 am

In the points to know it mentions to have a reactionary force for a counter attack on a coastal invasion. It mentions a 1,000 power division. How is the accomplished with a division?

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Points to know for the Confederates

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:53 pm

First you need a decent leader and experienced troops

lightbrave
Captain

Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:07 am

What after that?

Durk

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:49 am

This will also cost two leaders, your good one and one more with a lower rating to avoid command penalties. I often use a spare two star leader and any division commander

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:08 am

The division itself is just a normal division as described elsewhere. I have it contain an "event" brigade, like the Orphan Brigade. If you take Durks advice it makes sense to take advantage of Lee's immense command radius and make it a corps of his army. That will give extra punch at least in North Carolina. A supply cartridge might be benefitial. It gets you a combat bonus, but on the other hand uses up support unit slots in battle.

pgr
General of the Army

Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:25 am

Citizen X wrote:A supply cartridge might be benefitial. It gets you a combat bonus, but on the other hand uses up support unit slots in battle.

Do they? As in a carrage could take an arty slot? I find that hard to believe.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:57 pm

pgr wrote:
Citizen X wrote:A supply cartridge might be benefitial. It gets you a combat bonus, but on the other hand uses up support unit slots in battle.

Do they? As in a carrage could take an arty slot? I find that hard to believe.

It was always my understanding, that all frontline units take up the frontline slots and all support units take up the support units slots. That is, not only artillery.

It is noted that way in the Frontage Primer (Thank you, Major Tom)
viewtopic.php?p=129422#p129422

Strategy Notes - Artillery
    Because Artillery fills up the Support Units Quota, they won’t compete with infantry for engagement slots. But, they will compete with other support units. This shouldn’t be a big deal, since supply wagons will only put in one element, but if you also have engineers, signal, and recon units, it could all add up to a reduced number of artillery elements on the field.

Rod Smart
Colonel

Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:22 pm

lightbrave wrote:In the points to know it mentions to have a reactionary force for a counter attack on a coastal invasion. It mentions a 1,000 power division. How is the accomplished with a division?

That was my point to know!

I accomplished this by using Shelby to command a division built around the Stonewall brigade. It included the optimal mix for a single division. (2 cavalry, 1 light infantry, 2 good artillery, 1 sharpshooter, rest infantry).

It needs a second general to get the 4 command points, or a headquarters if you can spare one.

I would also highly recommend having the commander of that division have a fast mover trait, as the entire point of having that division is to move quickly. Shelby, Pender, AP Hill, etc.

Return to “Civil War II”