lightbrave
Captain

Blockade Runner

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:14 am

Josiah Tattnall - Has the "Blockade Runner" trait. Some questions...… 1. Will he be just as effective in the shipping lanes as he would the blockade (is it better to get money and supply back to the CSA or better to keep Union from receiving such? 2. Is it more efficient to have all my Brigs in a stack under him or should all Brigs stay independent from each other. 3. The description says his "buff" only works if he is moving......so ………. if he sits in the blockade or shipping lane turn after turn, is that considered "moving"?

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Blockade Runner

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:00 am

1. IIRC he loses the trait when promoted. So don't.
2. Parking in blockade boxes is not moving. Trait doesn't apply there.
3. It is better to use your brigs getting supply. Frigates are better intercepters, but you can't just damage the Union economy so substantially to make the investment worthwhile. As brigs cost quite a sum, that they must generate as income before break even is reached, it is a worth consideration if you want to build new ones. The free brigs you get generate surplus from day one, which you would throw away if you would park them outside the blockade boxes. I never observed any difference in income with or without an admiral on board. I always recover their missing elements before sending them to duty though.
4. I never observed a difference in income depending on the number of stacks. Keep your brigs together to give a bit of protection against annihilation (in combat). Same is the only reason to provide them with an admiral, imho.
5. Tattnall, imho, is best used to sneak the initial fleet out of Richmond (hopefully withoput killing him in the process) and in later game, when you lost river supremacy. You can still move fleets around with his trait and "avoid combat" turned on, mainly to move supply and troops around with transports attached to your ironclads.

lightbrave
Captain

Re: Blockade Runner

Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Lol.... seems kinda weird that a "Blockade Runner" trait wouldn't be best used in the blockade. Also, though, I seem to remember reading somewhere that is was more efficient to put all your ships in the shipping lanes to take cash away from Union. That it outweighed any cash you bring in to the CSA. In other words you can damage the Union semi-moderately or help the CSA very little.

Return to “Civil War II”