Tharmas
Conscript

Different version shows up??

Wed May 22, 2019 6:31 pm

I have been away from playing CWII for a month or so and when I started it up it had changed to a different version. It says its fully updated, 1.06.3 ? am i correct? In any case, the version loaded has the replacements listed from left to right, most powerful to least powerful. The version I have been playing for forever goes the other way, from weak militia on the left to big combo units to the right. This is the only difference I notice right offhand. What has happened? I have Steam but I purchased the game on an original disk, not downloaded from Steam. I remember something about this from long ago but forget the reason or the fix. Anyone?

loudscott
Private

Re: Different version shows up??

Wed May 22, 2019 7:06 pm

I'm going to guess you never updated your direct pruchase copy and that Steam auto-updated for you.

Tharmas
Conscript

Wed May 22, 2019 7:52 pm

I can't see how that could be the case. I often ask the game to "check for updates" when I load it, just in case. It always says it's updated. I could swear I have been playing the final version....hmmm. Which one is the final one? Weak units to the left or the right?

Tharmas
Conscript

Wed May 22, 2019 8:16 pm

I will check tonight and try to confirm which version is loading.

loudscott
Private

Wed May 22, 2019 9:55 pm

Weak untis to the right is what've i got. The "check for updates" button on the launcher has never worked for me with any of Matrix or Ageod games. I always go check the website myself. But like I said I'm just guessing what your particular situation might be. My version is 1.06.03

Tharmas
Conscript

Thu May 23, 2019 6:47 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I have been playing a slightly older version all this time.

Return to “Civil War II”