Turbo823
Captain

What is the point to divisions?

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Finally got to a point where divisions can be created in my game but I have several questions.

The rules say divisions help to optimize command but when I form divisions (not in an army or corps, like(General Price), and combine the units, I don't see any change in the command points.

Is there any benefit to forming a division?

Does forming divisions cost anything or is it free? Any maintenance costs?

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: What is the point to divisions?

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Each unit costs Command Points to use. If you have a deficit in CPs, then a stack of units moves and fights less effectively. All of the units in a Division are lead by one General and only cost 4 CPs. A Corps or Army may provide 18 or more CPs and can thus command several Divisions with much more combat power than as many brigades of equal CP cost. Forming a Division does not cost any resources, nor does it require extra ammo/General Supply over what the units require. So a Division supports greater combat power for less CP cost.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Turbo823
Captain

Re: What is the point to divisions?

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Gray Fox wrote:Each unit costs Command Points to use. If you have a deficit in CPs, then a stack of units moves and fights less effectively. All of the units in a Division are lead by one General and only cost 4 CPs. A Corps or Army may provide 18 or more CPs and can thus command several Divisions with much more combat power than as many brigades of equal CP cost. Forming a Division does not cost any resources, nor does it require extra ammo/General Supply over what the units require. So a Division supports greater combat power for less CP cost.

Thank you for the information Gray Fox!

Return to “Civil War II”