lightbrave
Captain

Contraband

Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:50 am

Says they rebuild rails faster. How is this relevant when rails are built in 1 turn or they are not. Only thing I can think of is that if your railing someone through a line that's broken maybe it gets built faster but then my question is how fast are rails built with them and without them?

Durk

Re: Contraband

Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:14 am

Funny, but true, what difference do they make. They are much like engineers, they speed entrenchment and other building. You have likely never seen when a repair rail does not fire.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:45 am

Repairing rail takes a certain amount of days, afaik, not a turn. So getting the job done and still have enough days left to enter another region might well make a difference.

lightbrave
Captain

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:23 am

Has anybody ever done testing on this? How many days does it speed up the process. Also, would a division repair a rail faster than a Regiment?

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:21 am

I set a contraband unit in Baltimore and a Brigade combat unit in Philly to repair a rail line and then move to an adjacent region. Both rail lines were repaired. However, neither unit was able to accomplish this and move to an adjacent region in the same turn. No bad weather was present.

On a second run through, both repaired their rail line and moved to the adjacent region. It actually appeared that the Brigade was faster at repairing the rails.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

DrPostman

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:36 am

I'm thinking it was more of a historical "flavour" unit. They played part of a role
in the war so perhaps the next iteration can fine toon it.

Return to “Civil War II”