coach
Civilian

Three questions

Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Thinking of buying cow 2. I have two questions

1) is the ai any better than wars of napoleon Didn’t enjoy that ai.

2) I know there was a way I increased the font in woN - Can you do it in CW2 and how?

3) is the nine redesigned / adapted for CW2. What are the differences.
Would like to get info while sale still on.

Thanks

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Three questions

Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:40 am

Welcome coach!

1. I find the AI sufficient on the higher settings for a good challenge. What did you not like about the AI in WON?

2. This is a solution from ERISS at Ageod to small font size:

"You have to:
. in Win10, put your system fonts to 175% (168DPI! the cursor all to the right in display settings)
. decrease the resolution of the game, like playing in 1600x900 instead of 1920x1080 (in game folder, launch AGESettings.exe)
. choose the 'Small fonts' option (system tab) of the game."

3. I did a search for "the nine" and got a picture of a Nazgul. Can you explain what your 3rd question is about?

All in all, this is perhaps the best Civil War game around and well worth the price.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Durk

Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:10 am

I am guessing by the 9 you mean a Victory Game board game, but even if not, it is not based upon any other game than AGEOD's AACW, the previous version.

coach
Civilian

Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:36 am

Meant to say engine -= is it different then won and adapted font the civil war. Felt won too vanilla and a “system” you can beat.

Al;so the ai in won does awful in handling alliances and m,ultiple countries in a war. I realize its not multiple countries in won but the ai just could handle it.

Plus in won the troop makeup was pretty much done for you.

RebelYell
General of the Army

Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:58 pm

One of the best wargames ever designed, future potential to make it even better officially or by the community.

richfed

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Buy it! It's a game well worth owning.

Durk

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:51 am

coach wrote:Meant to say engine -= is it different then won and adapted font the civil war. Felt won too vanilla and a “system” you can beat.

Al;so the ai in won does awful in handling alliances and m,ultiple countries in a war. I realize its not multiple countries in won but the ai just could handle it.

Plus in won the troop makeup was pretty much done for you.

Ah yes, engine. WON is not any other AGEOD game as it plays best with seven players or the solo player playing all nations. You will find the two faction Civil War 2 to be much different and with a different engine (I think).

Building units and managing the economy is a key to doing well in CW2. You have more engagement as there are many more building options.

Return to “Civil War II”