brettossman
Private

Seemingly Buggy Game

Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:16 am

I purchased CW2 and the DLC on October 16. I know it's been a couple of months, but I like the concept, and have been trying to give this game a chance. Multiple scenarios keep crashing, and some aspects of some don't work properly. I won't repeat as I've been trying the forums for assistance, and plenty of others have posted similar issues. Does Tech Support even exist for this game anymore? If not, perhaps you should quit selling it. I am using Windows 10, and have seen others post about Windows 10 problems.

Captain_Orso

Re: Seemingly Buggy Game

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:37 pm

From this post, nobody can tell anything about any issues you might have.

One general issue, of which I know, is with executing multiple turns without quitting the game. Depending on the size of the scenario (from my experience) executing 2 or more turns, one after the other without quitting and restarting the game will lead to the game running into data exceptions, which means it gets mixed-up in it's memory management over time.

The solution is to simply, after executing a turn as the very first thing you do next is to quit and restart the game, and then load your running scenario again.

brettossman
Private

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:29 pm

I will keep the restart in mind. When it crashes I get a small white box with what looks like a message in German. Sometimes I can keep going, sometimes not.

Durk

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:21 am

In addition to what Capt Orso says, try running in administrative mode. This works for me. With Windows 10 you are no longer automatically the admin. Left click and select 'run as admin.'

brettossman
Private

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:02 pm

Trying Admin as well. Thanks

Return to “Civil War II”