Searry
Colonel

Building CSA coastal art?

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 am

I thought since the fortresses are placed in a way which doesn't make a lot of sense. What if I built those coastal artilleries in Georgia and placed them where they can be really used effectively?

Captain_Orso

Re: Building CSA coastal art?

Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:51 pm

".. the fortresses ..", " .. doesn't make sense ..", ".. built those coastal artillery ..", ".. where they can really be used effectively .." .... ?

I don't know about anyone else, but I have no idea, what you want to say/ask :bonk:

Searry
Colonel

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Well, the obvious thing is building the coastal artillery and railing them into places where they could be of actual use.

Searry
Colonel

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Savannah, New Orleans and Norfolk come to mind where they would actually be useful.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Coastal artillery are an expensive waste of limited resources. Units inside a fort don't resist an invading force directly. So the Union can land an amphibious force on a fortress and unless the stack is in assault mode, no battle takes place. The artillery will fire at passing ships, but the invader can starve them out or build up cohesion and assault on their terms. I was able to sea lift 12 Divisions into VA as the Union. The CSA cannot prevent this. Have a reserve that you can rail in, but don't spread your forces thin trying to hold the coast
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Return to “Civil War II”