BigDuke66
General

Unit recovery & replacements - where and how much

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi
I'm a little confused about where to get replacements & to recover hits.
This link:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/index.php? ... ction=edit
Just list towns(I guess villages in our game?) , cities, depots & harbors. But looking a the structure files I see that many others have a RplMinLevel of 1, so could they also provide hit recovery & replacing lost elements?
And does a city level matter like a harbor level or is it just the same to recover in Philadelphia compared to neighboring West Chester?
With regards
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Unit recovery & replacements - where and how much

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:33 pm

From the Wiki:

":*10%: '''Land unit''' in a region with an unbesieged town,
:*20%: '''Land unit''' in a region with an unbesieged city.
:**Minimum city level required is set in each game's City.str structure file by the parameter ''RplMinLevel'':
:*** AACW = 2
:*30%: '''Land unit''' in a region with an unbesieged Depot"

from the Dbase folder for structures changelog:

"changed to match AACW values"

This indicates to me that the City RplMinLvl is 2 (as in AACW), which is indeed the case. Villages are listed with the value of 1. So do other structures not mentioned that have a value of 1 also count as a Town/Village(T/V) for replacement? Apparently not, as Depots are listed with a value of 1, but are clearly described as giving a higher value of replacement than Cities or T/V. Also, a Stockade has a value of 2 (like a City), while the larger Fort and Redoubt both have a value of 1 (like a T/V). Clearly, the value does not reflect an ability to affect replacement as those listed in the Wiki. Perhaps the two values just differentiate between a City and the smaller T/V. Or the Wiki entry may be misleading and I am just dead wrong.

Since harbor level is described specifically and City level is not, this would indicate to me that City level is not a factor.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Return to “Civil War II”