Goodmongo
Corporal

Difficulty Settings

Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 pm

There are many settings to help the AI but I have a strong suspicion that some can actually hurt the AI. For example giving the AI the capability to see at an extended range appears to cause the union AI to send raids very deep into CSA territory though the mountains of WV, Kentucky and Tennessee. Also giving the union lot's more money, conscripts and supplies sometimes leads me to have super powerful leaders where my morale shoots up to 150-170 just from battles. In looking at some of the numbers I have captured more union soldiers than I lost. And killed union soldiers at a 2.4-1 ratio.

I'm not saying the game is easy or that I even play it correctly. Instead I'm thinking that in trying to help the AI with various settings I may have actually hurt it some.

So what would people suggest as a hard game playing as CSA be. And what would be a hard game as the Union be?

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Difficulty Settings

Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:41 pm

I had best results with slightly extended range and an advantage in activation for the ai. Having your own troops being stalled while inactive while ai only loses performance while inactive seems to do it.

Edge in production is not so much needed I always found.

But if you really want to use the game at its full potential, you need to play human opponents.

Return to “Civil War II”