loudscott
Private

Noob question (1st of many most likely)

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Let me start by saying that I really enjoy this game and I enjoy learning about it. I have read through Points to Know thread aggregated by SA and it was extremely helpful. I'm in the middle of reading through some of the AARs now as well. Nonetheless, I can't figure out how Banks recruiting buff works. I've tried several things but suffice it to say that I would think giving him a unit and then putting him inside Baltimore should work in my mind. But when I check the territory screen (F8 i think) and look at the "conscript" column it remains zero???? I moved him up north to another +5 city and same result. What am I missing?

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Noob question (1st of many most likely)

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:41 pm

IIRC, cursor over the conscript icon in the top left corner of the screen and his contribution may show up there.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

wrlertola
Corporal

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:21 pm

On the F8 screen the first click on the conscripts icon will sort it from zero upward, click again to sort it from highest amount downward. I usually assign the first recruiter to Detroit since that city generates the most conscripts initially, then Boston and New York.

Bill's Boy
Corporal

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:56 am

The recruiting bonus should work for Banks, McClernand and Burnside. They need to be inside the city but it seems that you know that already. They also need to be there at the start of the turn, I believe. Perhaps that's the problem.

Also, you'll probably want them in cities with more loyalty to the Union than Baltimore likely has. That will increase the conscripts they generate.

loudscott
Private

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Thanks for the help and the replies. I've since started another game and this time around Banks is working exactly as expected and as I've seen him work previously. The extra conscripts show up both in the Regional report screen and in the tool tip on the menu bar. I am still utterly baffled however as to why in the previous game he did not. I will return to this thread if I should ever notice it happen again or if I should ever solve the puzzle. :confused:

Return to “Civil War II”