Temgesic
Lieutenant

Harsh weather units disappear?!

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:59 am

Hi!

In my current pbem game i was building up a rather big force in Richmond, VA. I'am playing the CSA.
But in one turn i got this message which i have NEVER seen before. Notice that the units where INSIDE Richmond
not outside.
Is it a bug or can this thing happen in cities (Big cities) also? Because i lost over a dozen of units which i had planned to use in an offensive :mad:

https://imgur.com/a/FAytl

Captain_Orso

Re: Harsh weather units disappear?!

Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:07 pm

Were those units being built? Did they have a lack of supply?

I haven't see something like this in ages, and then it was because the unit was being built and there was not enough supply, so they were taking hits from a lack of supply and then from very harsh weather.

Over-stacking the city might also play a role, but I don't recall there being a penalty when over-stacking which would minimize protection from very harsh weather, but it might.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:22 pm

Are you using the "Hardened Attrition Option"?

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/index.php? ... ction=edit

"Players may choose to play the game using the Hardened Attrition Option. This rule, while more realistic, will
result in increased losses due to attrition as the name indicates. All units, regardless of whether they have moved
during the current game turn, are subject to attrition under this option, even if they occupy a structure (in case the
region is pillaged and not very loyal)."
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

pgr
General of the Army

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:39 pm

I'm with the other guys. This is odd. you said they were in the structure? That should protect them from weather. (Ive never known Richmond to run out of supplies) Have a hst. File people can look at?

Return to “Civil War II”