bommerrang
Sergeant

Look at Previous .ord file

Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:58 pm

As the Union I'm trying to go back a look at the previous turn .ord file to determine if I accidently chose an political option I didn't want to happen. So I load the old .ord file and try to open it. The "load" nor the "resume" recognize the file.
Is it not possible to go back?

Durk

Re: Look at Previous .ord file

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:40 am

In my understanding, you can only go back if you have the hst.

Durk

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:40 am

In my understanding, you can only go back if you have the hst.

Captain_Orso

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:51 pm

If you still have the backups, you will have the .hst file. It depends on how far you've gotten on from the turn you want to look at.

Basically, this is how you would do that. You create a folder underneath 'C:\Users\your-user\My Documents\My Games\CivilWarII\CW2\Saves' named anything you want, let's say 'xyz'.

Go into '..\Saves\your-scenario-name\BackupX', where 'X' is an integer between 1 and however many backups you have, counting back the number of turns to the turn you want to look at. So if it were the previous turn, 'Backup1'. If it were from 2 turns back, 'Backup2', etc. Now copy the .hst file and the .ord file from your faction ('your-scenario-name~USA.ord' for example) into '..\Saves\xyz'.

Now start CW2, open 'Load' and you will find 2 running scenarios with the name of your running scenario. Look for the oldest one. EG one might be 'your-scenario-name [1862, Early April]' and the other 'your-scenario-name [1862, Late March]'. The tool-tip of the saved scenarios also tells you the real-world date and time that turn was executed, and also below the white line it tells you the turn number of that save, 'It's turn x and yz turns remain' so that will also help.

Select 'your-scenario-name [1862, Late March]' and click on the computer chip icon in the upper right of the Load window, then on the icon that looks like a ring binder (it's tool-tip says, "Rename the game in selection". Click on that, and enter a new unique name, which will describe this broken-out scenario turn. I usually simply add the turn number to the name. So 'your-scenario-name_T00x'. Click the check mark to save the new name. Now you can load this broken-out turn of your running scenario and look at what orders you gave.

bommerrang
Sergeant

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:55 pm

Thank you everyone!

Return to “Civil War II”