lightbrave
Captain

Admiral Franklin Buchanan

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:51 am

Wish I would have known this earlier as Corps commanders are in short supply for the CSA. I had a fleet sitting in a harbor and had two admirals in one stack. I was looking at their stats and what buffs they bring to a fleet. I detach Buchanan out of the harbor and onto land and come to find out............... I can promote him to a Corps commander (and he has decent stats too). His seniority is 3 and I guess he starts out at 3 because iv had no major naval battles thus far. Admiral Hollins is seniority 5 and cant be promoted at this time. Admiral Semmes is level 7 so I assume he cant be promoted either. Admiral Tattnall can be promoted to a new rank but not sure if I put him on land that he can be promoted to a Corps commander as he is out to sea right now and I'm playing a PBEM game so I cant test it.

Straight Arrow - As you are the founder of the CSA points to know I'm very surprised this is not in there as iv read through it several times now. I assume you must not be aware of it. What other secrets are you Veterans hiding from us ...... just kidding :)

In all seriousness though, I suggest you add this to your thread.

Are any of you Veterans aware of this?

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Admiral Franklin Buchanan

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:08 pm

One of the Union admirals has the artillerist ability. I've used him in a land General's stack in the defense of D.C. to buff the guns defending the Capital. I may be wrong, but if an admiral can't be a Division commander, then you're probably not getting any command advantage out of him as a Corps commander. Fight a battle with his stack and the Battlelog file will show if he is in command or not.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

lightbrave
Captain

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Hmm too bad but your absolutely right Gray. I put him on land and promoted him to corps commander and it even attached to the army but when I drag a division on top of him it just goes away. Weird. Not sure why he can be promoted to corps commander and even show that he is attached to an army but just then dissipates when you put divisions under him.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:27 pm

In the Models folder of the CW2 DB, all Generals have a 1 in the Land Leader column and a NULL in the Sea Leader column. The admirals have the opposite, which I guess is how its coded. Ageod rightfully split the two leaders types.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Straight Arrow
General

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Using a naval commander was an old trick that went away in one of the more recent upgrades.

It was part of "Points to Know" until the ability was cut.

I'll add your idea about tearing up rails for WS to "Points" in a few days. I think it is both historical and brilliant.

Keep thinking outside the box.

Return to “Civil War II”