lightbrave
Captain

Telegraph LInes

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:03 am

Are they worth doing?

Iv been using them every time its available and turning places from civilized to rich I think.

As I understand going from 75 to 80 makes a region "rich".

Does this new status of "rich" bring 10 thousand dollars worth of benefit?

If there is significant benefit, should I be using them to make areas "rich" or should I use them in lesser developed regions.

Guys, what are your thoughts on this?

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Telegraph LInes

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Yes definitely worth doing in regions that become rich. Two effects that I know of are that a Rich region produces 50% more supply and units in a Rich region are less subject to epidemics. So Richmond and D.C. would benefit, since large garrisons are present and the supplies would help.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Captain_Orso

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:54 pm

It also increases Loyalty in the region. Generally as the Union I use it in Saint Louis to increase the desperately low Loyalty early in the war.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Do use them.

I use them at Richmond and any center of trade and industry, like New Orleans or Charleston.

lightbrave
Captain

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Gray Fox wrote:Yes definitely worth doing in regions that become rich. Two effects that I know of are that a Rich region produces 50% more supply and units in a Rich region are less subject to epidemics. So Richmond and D.C. would benefit, since large garrisons are present and the supplies would help.

When you say units do you mean it produces more conscripts? If not, then what does units refer to?

lightbrave
Captain

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:37 pm

Citizen X wrote:Do use them.

I use them at Richmond and any center of trade and industry, like New Orleans or Charleston.

Grey Fox mentioned it produces 50% more supply. Does it produce 50% more money as well? I ask because you say center of "TRADE" and industry.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:48 pm

I've found no evidence that it affects the money supply.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:36 am

Grey Fox mentioned it produces 50% more supply. Does it produce 50% more money as well? I ask because you say center of "TRADE" and industry.[/quote]

That was rather a figure of speech.

Civ lvl affects supply and transport afaik.

pgr
General of the Army

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Gray Fox wrote:Yes definitely worth doing in regions that become rich. Two effects that I know of are that a Rich region produces 50% more supply and units in a Rich region are less subject to epidemics. So Richmond and D.C. would benefit, since large garrisons are present and the would help.

This is what i got from the age wiki.

Development (applied only to the regions inherent, terrain-basic supply generated)
::*Wild = 50%
::*Cleared = 100%
::*Developed = 200%
::*Rich = 300%
:*Transportation Level (added to basic region supply value)
::*None = +0
::*Track = +0
::*Road = +1 (in AJE, is coded as Track)
::*Major Road = +3
:*Bonus to AI if difficulty set on "Hard"

So each terrain type has a coded supply value which goes into a total pot for supply production. That value also impacts foraging so the higher the civ level the more that can be foraged before the province is pillaged.

Example from wiki (age engine)

All supply levels for clear terrain (Supply Level):
:Clear: 4
:Mud: 2
:Snow: 1
:Frozen: 0

So the civ level does help. Clear terrain on a rich level would produce 12 (or clear terrain with a rail road (4+3)*3=21). Of course the structures modified by loyality will greatly exceed this value. Id say civ level would probabally help the most out West where structures are small and therefore terrain supply and foraging are realitavly more important.

Return to “Civil War II”