Bastion79
Civilian

I'm absolutely hooked on this game!

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 am

I purchased CW2 about three weeks ago and have subsequently logged 130+ hours of playing time without any end in sight. I honestly can't remember the last time I played a game for this many hours over such a short period of time and not felt at least some fatigue or burn out. There has been absolutely no sense with CW2 of "jeez, let's just get this over with already and move on to something else", as I usually feel after logging 100+ hours with a game. In fact, I still feel as if I'm just getting started with this game, which in many ways I am.

That's undoubtedly attributable to the steep learning curve associated with this game. It probably took me about 80+ hours alone just to figure out the supply system and how to organize and reinforce my armies properly :bonk: . It's ironic, however, that the game's deep level of complexity and intricacy, the very things that I previously found intimidating about this game and what caused me to drag my heels at purchasing it for as long as I did (It was on my Steam wishlist for more than two years), are precisely what turned out to be the very things that have me so utterly addicted to this game now after so many hours of play. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this has been the most rewarding gaming experience I've had in years.

So, I just wanted to thank AGEod for making this game. I've already purchased Birth of America 2 and definitely intend to buy more of your games (Here or on Steam).

Cheers! :hat:

DrPostman

Re: I'm absolutely hooked on this game!

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Welcome to the group. There's a steep learning curve but it's so worth it! You'll find a wealth of
experience with the game here and no question is too dumb to ask.

richfed

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:15 pm

Yep! It's been my go-to game for years!

Altaris

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:07 am

Once you get the hang of it, definitely play some PBEM, it's a fantastic PBEM game. Playing as the Union trying to outmaneuver a wily Confederate player is golden gaming.

Pocus

Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Glad to read these remarks. Hopefully our new engine will have the best of Ageod without the shortcomings :D

BattleVonWar
Major

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:32 am

I have a love/hate fixation with Civil War 2. It is the definitive title available and yet you can tell with the detail it will probably be impossible for a player unless they are an AGEOD fanatic to ever be an Ultimate Master of the game.

I've played a dozen or so in detail PBEM games. Maybe 5-10 more quickies...(where people retire in 6 months of game turns. I have stormed Pennsylvania like Lee. I have stormed Kentucky like Bragg(except sort of succeeded) Fought like Van Dorn in Missouri. In Reverse fought bravely with General Scott holding the very edges of Washington City...Or taken Grant in early 1862 down the Valley to storm the Rebels, cutting them in two and destroying them, "In Detail!"

Of course in many cases performed much like history, for even in PBEM history doesn't run too-too far off the map in this game. It is pretty locking to history! (Who hasn't played this game and watched Gettysburg at the same time is missing out) Chamberlain sweeping down Little Round Top

Jorje Vidrio
Corporal

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:09 pm

I love this game too! Its the best strategic Civil War for PC ever made! Kudos to the designers at AGEOD!

Durk

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:30 am

I do have to add, I searched for years for a reasonably accurate American Civil War game, what I have found in CWII is a ridiculously wonderfully accurate Civil War game. CWII is beyond wonderful.

Return to “Civil War II”