Tyronis2054
Conscript

Army Structure, Generals within Brigades of Divisions?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Curious Question,

I seem to have some spare generals left over, but not enough to make whole divisions for them yet, so perhaps I thought I can make them command brigades?

Is that really viable? Meaning have multiple Generals commanding just brigades within a Division?

Or is that simply not feasible or worth doing?

thanks,

Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Re: Army Structure, Generals within Brigades of Divisions?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:05 pm

Tyronis2054 wrote:Curious Question,

I seem to have some spare generals left over, but not enough to make whole divisions for them yet, so perhaps I thought I can make them command brigades?

Is that really viable? Meaning have multiple Generals commanding just brigades within a Division?

Or is that simply not feasible or worth doing?

thanks,

You can have generals commanding single brigades, but not multiple generals commanding brigades within a division. What I usually do is form a division with a general even if initially it only has 1 brigade, and then just add bit and pieces to the division later. Even a single brigade seems to fight just that bit better when commanded by a relatively competent general.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Army Structure, Generals within Brigades of Divisions?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:43 pm

If you have a Division or two in a stack that does not have an Army/Corps commander, then you can add a General who is more senior to the Division commanders. This stack commander would then show up all the way to the left of the Divisions when you click on the stack. He would add a few extra points to the power of the stack in combat.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Return to “Civil War II”