robert stonewall
Conscript

Buy Army HQ

Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:14 am

Hi All.

I receive a notification of an Army HQ available.
How can I Purchase the HQ? From the Ledger, Replacement Tab?

I am using Automated Replacement (10%)

Durk

Re: Buy Army HQ

Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:29 am

Select the icon in the upper left of your screen which looks kind of like a cog or gear from a clock. You can narrow to none combat units or just scroll until you see Army HQs. Then you can click on it, and with enough resources, buy it.
See if this works.

DrPostman

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Look for the icon with the caduceus symbol

Be sure to leave the ALL button selected instead of a region. Often you can't purchase an HQ
if a region is selected even though it's available for purchase. Same thing happens with supply
units too, for some reason.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

richfed

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:58 pm

If you want to narrow the focus, choose Middle Atlantic [as the CSA]. That will show you all support units & supply. They can be placed in any valid region, not just MA.

Captain_Orso

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:38 am

I believe you guys are all missing the point of the message, which isn't to announce a new HQ Support unit being available. It's a leftover from when creating an army required an Army HQ unit to be available.

So forget the unit, the message is telling you, that you can create more army commands. This occurs in early March
'62 and early March '63 for each side, when both sides will have 9 army commands available for building.

robert stonewall wrote:Hi All.

I receive a notification of an Army HQ available.
How can I Purchase the HQ? From the Ledger, Replacement Tab?

I am using Automated Replacement (10%)

Auto-Replacements will only cause you confusion and sorrow.

aariediger
Sergeant

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:00 am

Sidenote, never played with auto-replacements, is that just letting the game buy them for you? Like, how many does it stack up?

Captain_Orso

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:02 pm

From my understanding, how many replacements Auto-Rep buys depends very much on how many you need. This can lead to Auto-Rep using all your money and WSU to buy replacements after a large battle, in which you suffered heavy losses.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "how does it stack up".

I won't use it. I want to be able to decide how much I'm going to spend on which types of replacements at any given time.

DrPostman

Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:33 am

For example, I do not want replacements wasted on heavy artillery in some remote location that will
never see action. The computer doesn't know this and will buy replacements that I don't need. If you
are just learning the game auto replacements is OK, but learn to live without it soon. :hat:
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

ArmChairGeneral
AGEod Grognard

Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:09 am

I would go so far as to say that ESPECIALLY if you are jsut learning the game you should not set auto-replacements. Your money will inexplicably disappear and builds will get canceled in favor of purchasing replacements you may not need and cannot afford, while getting zero reporting from the AI on how much will be spent and how much you will have left for your own purposes.

Return to “Civil War II”