Hyroda
Sergeant

battle results statistic

Mon May 22, 2017 1:34 am

strange question:, im not sure how intensive you're playing tihs game -but this is a eligble question.

after action of a batlle wich happens, there are many different short results of a unit, to there favour or not wich submittet to his unit a boni or not.

q: how far does it make a "sence", to the combat result?

ArmChairGeneral
AGEod Grognard

Re: battle results statistic

Mon May 22, 2017 5:54 am

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Could you be more specific, or try to ask the same question a different way if you are not a native english speaker?

Hyroda
Sergeant

Mon May 22, 2017 7:29 am

you get a battle result, with information, for example: lost man, cav or art. also coshesion,..
even how many a single unit recived casaulties.
directly underneath this units or beside it,...there some strange small round Symboles,...with some Infos about boni or disadvantage to there battle engagment....
how much influence does it have to the combat,...(and also a good question) how does something like it be calculated??

ArmChairGeneral
AGEod Grognard

Mon May 22, 2017 9:51 am

Ahh,

On the Battle Report Screen that happens after each battle, below each unit (divisions are units) it shows colored medallions that tell you what happened to that unit during the battle. Hover over them and they tell you stuff like how entrenchments or supply affected that unit in battle, whether they had good leadership, or whether any of them broke (ran) in combat among other things.

When you see the Battle Report, the battle has already happened. The medallions show you if the advantages you tried to give your troops before battle were successful or not.

ArmChairGeneral
AGEod Grognard

Mon May 22, 2017 10:05 am

The most important bonus for the defender is Entrenchments; these have a very big effect. Being near a supply unit is important no matter what. The Luck and Leadership medallions happen because of random rolls or because you have high quality or low quality leaders.

The Effect of Entrenchments > Effect of Supply Units > Effect of Luck or Leadership. You can easily get all four bonuses and for the most part the effects stack with each other.

Green and blue icons are good while Orange or Red icons are bad.

There are other icons for effective Artillery fire (Good!), Cowardice (bad!) and destroying an enemy element (very good!) but these tell you more about the results and outcome of the battle than about combat modifiers.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 22, 2017 2:49 pm

What ACG posted.

Much of the battle report screen is just for looks. I've had battles where my units all got the "murderous fire" icon, even though they had not inflicted a single casualty.

IMHO, cowardice usually happens when your units lose cohesion. So if your units are low on cohesion or must do a long march over rough terrain/in bad weather to get to the battle, then they may not fight well.

If you can find the Battle log, it offers more info on the actual game mechanic of the combat. It's a file called
"!BatteLog" (w/o the quotation) and mine are in the C:\Program/MyGames/CW2/Logs directory.

Entrenched artillery has a much better To Hit chance. Better elements like elite, Marines or sailors have a better To Hit than say, militia. Cavalry have a high To Hit during assault. Big guns do more damage than 6-pounders. Usually, a stack that does these factors better defeats a stack that ignores them. Good luck!
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Captain_Orso

Tue May 23, 2017 8:28 am

I don't think it's correct to say the Battle Report is just for looks. It is an interpretation of what actually occurred in the battle. You are assuming that the "murderous fire" results must mean that losses have been incurred by the enemy, which might seem plausible on the surface, but "murderous fire" might also have only caused heavy cohesion losses, which in turn, caused the enemy to retreat from the battlefield without actually taking any hits to its elements.

Would I expect this to happen? Not really, but I would also not exclude it from being a possibility.

Many of the tool-tips on the Battle Report and element detail window and elsewhere in the game use generic terms for specific ranges of numeric values. This is specifically done, so that the player doesn't get bogged down in the minutia of numbers, and has to rely on 'the feel of the game'.

Rod Smart
Colonel

Thu May 25, 2017 3:51 pm

The above posts are correct - those symbols tell you things that happened during the battle.

However, they are not all past-tense. You can use some of them to predict what will happen next, and to figure out your next turn's strategy. For example:

If there are symbols that say low on ammunition or out of ammunition, then get those troops supplied!
If there are symbols that say great leadership, your generals may have gotten some experience points, and may be eligible for promotion
If there are symbols that say they destroyed an enemy unit, they may have gotten some experience points.
If there is a red line through the unit or commander, they died

Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Tue May 30, 2017 7:30 am

Out of interest, does the casualty number represent killed & wounded, or just KIA?

Captain_Orso

Tue May 30, 2017 9:33 am

It represents killed and wounded. About 1/3 of the casualties go to your conscript pools. So they can later be used for replacements or reinforcements.

GuileMike
Sergeant

Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:49 am

The top of my results are chopped off showing day, place and who won.

Any idea how to get this to show up?

Return to “Civil War II”