BigDuke66
General

Indians revert to Neutral - WAD?

Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:57 pm

Well I had some Indians causing trouble but somewhere along the line they must have reverted to Neutral, is that wanted?
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

grimjaw
General

Re: Indians revert to Neutral - WAD?

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:24 pm

There's an event for the Sioux uprising that changes the faction relationship for the IND (Indian) faction. Since there's only one faction for all the tribes, the Sioux affects all IND faction tribes everywhere. It also stops everywhere. So it's WAD but it should be redesigned to reflect the isolated nature of the historical Sioux uprising. This would require subdividing the Indians into at least two factions, as well as other changes.

DrPostman

Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:14 am

grimjaw wrote:There's an event for the Sioux uprising that changes the faction relationship for the IND (Indian) faction. Since there's only one faction for all the tribes, the Sioux affects all IND faction tribes everywhere. It also stops everywhere. So it's WAD but it should be redesigned to reflect the isolated nature of the historical Sioux uprising. This would require subdividing the Indians into at least two factions, as well as other changes.

It's a little bit gamey that as the Union player on Lieutenant level I have always been able to subvert
them and get one of the most powerful division leaders in the game working for me.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Captain_Orso

Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:53 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:Well I had some Indians causing trouble but somewhere along the line they must have reverted to Neutral, is that wanted?

Wanted? In my case it sucked, because it can be buggy.

I'm not sure of the exact situation anymore, but a rouge NA unit went into a region with one of my stockades, which was empty at the time, and captured it IIRC. I went to take it back (the NA's were not even inside) and when my cavalry arrived the NA had gone neutral again, and so I couldn't retake my stockade :pleure:

Pocus said they can go hostile and then neutral randomly, but that was a long time ago and may have changed in the mean time.

Grimjaw is correct about the Sioux uprising. That may have been what what you observed, but also maybe not.

James W. Starnes
Corporal

Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:10 pm

DrPostman wrote:
grimjaw wrote:There's an event for the Sioux uprising that changes the faction relationship for the IND (Indian) faction. Since there's only one faction for all the tribes, the Sioux affects all IND faction tribes everywhere. It also stops everywhere. So it's WAD but it should be redesigned to reflect the isolated nature of the historical Sioux uprising. This would require subdividing the Indians into at least two factions, as well as other changes.

It's a little bit gamey that as the Union player on Lieutenant level I have always been able to subvert
them and get one of the most powerful division leaders in the game working for me.

Am I blind or does that say 7-7-7!?!? :bonk:

Captain_Orso

Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Well, that got you excited, didn't it :p

At AI level Lieutenant or Colonel the AI gets bonuses to all their leaders values. Setting is only for masochists :rolleyes:

Return to “Civil War II”