JohnnyReb
Conscript

Excel Spreadsheet of Recruitable Units

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:22 pm

What a great game. In my quest to form the perfect field force, does anyone have a spreadsheet that shows all the Recruitable units in the game? It would include the unit type, combat power, number available, money, conscript, WS costs, etc. it would also include how many units come with that 'unit' (for instance a conscript unit comes with two conscript infantry regiments). Thanks in advance!

Captain_Orso

Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:47 pm

I've never seen such a spread sheet, and I imagine most players after a few games will not be missing one either.

First off, each 'piece' on the map, or in a stack on the map, is a Unit, often a brigade if it's a land unit. Some units contain > 1 sub-units, or elements. Each element can, and often will, have completely different characteristics from the other elements in the unit. For example, one might be an infantry regiment and the other a light artillery battery, etc., etc.

The types of units, ie their composition, is limited, simply because that's the way the game was made. So after going to the build menu to pick units to purchase a couple of dozen times, a spread sheet will only be getting in the way, because all of this will be in your head.

I nearly always build division using a specific TOE, and using units which can be produced in the theater. So I know I need one of these, three of that one, 2 of this one, and one of that one. If one unit-type runs out, which it will, I just change the recipe a little to fit the units available.

Create a TOE for your division, because that's practically all you will be doing, is building divisions and corps. Look at the largest units you can build nearby first, and then look for the units you will need to fit in with that to create your TOE. Stick with that recipe for as long as all of those unit-types are available, and then adjust your recipe accordingly.

That's about it. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

LeBorgne
Civilian

Re: Excel Spreadsheet of Recruitable Units

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:36 pm

I believe a spreadsheet could be very useful, especially for new players, as they seek to understand the unit production and replacement processes. The manual is really poor at describing this, and the closest thing I've been able to find that's actually helpful, is a video: https://youtu.be/6mFlF5annRU
Au pays des aveugles :poke:, les borgnes sont rois... :king:

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:51 pm

All of that data is in the CW2 Dbase:

viewtopic.php?f=340&t=35005

It's not all in one file, though.

P.S. Welcome to the forum, LeBorgne! Forgive my oversight. Hopefully I am not from" the country where the blind are the kings."
;)
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

LeBorgne
Civilian

Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:58 am

Thank you so much! A quick glance at the spreadsheets show some interesting information, buried in the midst of a daunting amount of content. That thread is golden, I appreciate the pointer, and really look forward to learning more, and becoming more active here, hopefully.

BTW, "LeBorgne" comes from an estuary near my home town, New Orleans, called "Lake Borgne." I was surprised to learn the English expression, "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king," is based on the French, hence, my chosen moniker and signature. I also have serious vision challenges, so the name is apt.
Au pays des aveugles :poke:, les borgnes sont rois... :king:

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 am

What you can see with your eyes is not so important as what you see with your heart. Good luck!
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Return to “Civil War II”