GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Install with BRS? And patches, etc.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:06 am

OK, I bought the game & Bloody Roads South. Now, do you want to (a) install BRS first (which is underway, anyway - why is it so huge and time consuming on the d/l?), then the patches?

Or, (b) patch up & let BRS kick in as desired?

(c) does BRS need patches?

And do I want 1.05 on the base, 1.06 Official, or 1.06 RC XX?

Help!
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:24 am

Welcome back GS. I think it's fairly straight forward. I would install Bloody Road South then the "Official 1.06". You should be playing tonight! Good luck. :thumbsup:

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:34 am

Base patched to 1.03 on a vanilla install procedure. Not Steam, I don't think.

Do I need to grab 1.04 or 1.05 before patching to 1.06 (Official, I presume)?

Patches for BRS?

Directory structure? I installed BRS to a separate directory, just 'cuz - I can always C&P. What do I want for my directory structure?
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]

-Daniel Webster

RULES

(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:49 am

I read in the patch thread that the 1.06 patch is comprehensive but I have no personal experience. I patched in increments. However I would patch away.

khbynum
Major

Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:56 pm

Install BRS , then update with 1.06, which is comprehensive. Windows 7 puts the game in C:\Games. BRS is just scenarios, so I think needs to be installed in the same directory as the game.

Captain_Orso

Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:57 pm

All official patches are comprehensive, so just install the main, original 'setup'[SUP]1)[/SUP] and then the 1.06 patch. The BRS DLC is only scenarios and what is necessary for them, so I'd install them after the 1.06 patch, just in case, but it probably doesn't matter.

[SUP]1)[/SUP] I would strongly suggest installing outside the standard 'C:\Program Files' folder structure because of issues with update permissions. I personally use 'C:\sbin' for everything that might be a tad sensitive. Just add the folder first and then have at it ;)

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:58 pm

Messrs. khbynum, Capt.,

Yup, exactly what I did. Per Capt. Mosby above, slapped 1.06 on the base game (a separate directory is my wont, also), looked at the BRS directories and slapped that on. All seems well. Thank you, everyone.

-Daniel Webster

RULES

Return to “Civil War II”