Hollywood
Private

Help needed on CSA money making Options at Treasury

Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:57 pm

Unless I'm misunderstanding, each time I have Jefferson Davis sign for Issuing War Bonds, Raising Taxes or Printing Paper Money, I'm supposed to receive $600k for the war efforts.

I've clicked them all and never had more than $180k in the treasury for starting any one turn and I'm into 1863 now.

Am I doing something wrong or is the $600k disappearing to somewhere I don't know where to access it?

Go Rebels!

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:32 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Do you have the automated replacements option on? The AI might be spending your money for you..

Hollywood
Private

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:40 pm

Cardinal Ape wrote:Welcome to the forums.

Do you have the automated replacements option on? The AI might be spending your money for you..

Thanks for the warm welcome and quick reply.

Yes - automated replacements is set to 10% (which I saw as the recommended rate in the manual). Should I set to 0%?

It seems to defy the numbers that I SHOULD get 1800k on the turn after I click all three options and still get about the same number in treasury no?

Did the designers ponder putting together a treasury report where it does a quick run down of Income/spending, etc?

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:41 am

It is a little weird.

Set it to 0%, the automated replacements feature is useless as a player.
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:08 pm

At the top left hand corner of the main screen is a row of icons for money, conscripts and war supplies. If you cursor over the money icon, then you should get a menu of cashflow for your turn. You should also get an event message that you can access at the bottom right corner of the screen, but it is usually generic.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Hollywood
Private

Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:55 pm

Gray Fox wrote:At the top left hand corner of the main screen is a row of icons for money, conscripts and war supplies. If you cursor over the money icon, then you should get a menu of cashflow for your turn. You should also get an event message that you can access at the bottom right corner of the screen, but it is usually generic.

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.

Captain_Orso

Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:02 pm

The problem is, that auto-replacement was added to the game as an after-thought. It is outside the standard procedures of the game, and therefore not included in the accounting the game does for the player, and also not reported in the tool-tips of resources at the top of the map.

All I can suggest, which always works is: DON'T BE LAZY!! PLAN YOUR REPLACEMENTS YOURSELF, AND NEVER HAVE TO GUESS WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING AGAIN!!

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:05 pm

I believe your experience will be enhanced with auto-replacements turned off. It allows you to have more control of your army and makes you more aware of the resources being allotted.

Enjoy and welcome to the forum.

Hollywood
Private

Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:25 pm

Thanks all. Auto-replacements=off, game=on. :)

Hollywood
Private

Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:43 pm

Okay - I continue to try and raise funds via the Treasury, but they are not appearing in the bank.

Maybe I am not enacting the Decision correctly:
I got to F4, click on each option should = $1800k ($600k each): print money, issue war bonds, raise taxes (I probably wouldn't do all three in a game, but I'm in test mode now to get any working).

I sign each into law = Davis signature appears. I move on to next activity.

Clearly, when the turn processes it is not picking these actions up as they appear again the very next turn as an option (and they are supposed to be unavailable for 6 months).

Either I'm missing how to get this to work or the CSA Treasury is not functioning as designed.

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:58 am

Are you still playing the same game? If so I might suggest starting a new game after verifying the options we discussed. However it does not sound like a replacment issue. See if a new game produces the cash flow.

Do the signatures work in other areas? Can you increase the railroad and river pool?

To ask the obvious, is the game patched to 1.06?

hanny1
Captain

Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:56 pm

check the difficulty level, your using.

Hollywood
Private

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:15 pm

John S. Mosby wrote:Are you still playing the same game? If so I might suggest starting a new game after verifying the options we discussed. However it does not sound like a replacment issue. See if a new game produces the cash flow.

Do the signatures work in other areas? Can you increase the railroad and river pool?

To ask the obvious, is the game patched to 1.06?

1.06 = yes.

Yes - I started a new game (1862 East Campaign) just for test purposes.

The other signatures do NOT work. The costs of the signatures are deducted from resources as soon as I add the signature, but none of the actual options are enacted: for example Moving Capitol to Atlanta, costs incurred, but option shows up again next turn and Capitol has not moved to Atlanta.

Weird I know, but I'm able to use the rest of the game no problem, just frustrating that these major options aren't working.

LCcmdr
Captain

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Well, I've never tried

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:57 am

I think you are getting close to figuring this out.
What difficulty setting are you using?

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:16 am

Try a reinstall?

Whatever the problems are they are limited to your experience, unfortunately.
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."

-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Since you seem to have more than a simple problem, you might try the tech support forum.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Hollywood, I have been waiting for more experience gentlemen like Mr. Barksdale and Mr. Fox to weigh in. Apparently settings will not affect your issue. Both their recommendations are valid. Reinstall and then tech support if no luck. Good luck.

Hollywood
Private

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:23 pm

John S. Mosby wrote:I think you are getting close to figuring this out.
What difficulty setting are you using?

Here's a screen shot of Game settings:
[ATTACH]37871[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Settings1.jpg
Settings.jpg

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:46 pm

My recommendation is to follow Mr. Barkdale's suggestion to reinstall. If that does not fix the issue then Mr. Fox's suggestion to post in Tech Support. You need this to function properly to enjoy the game. Good luck!

Hollywood
Private

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:44 pm

John S. Mosby wrote:My recommendation is to follow Mr. Barkdale's suggestion to reinstall. If that does not fix the issue then Mr. Fox's suggestion to post in Tech Support. You need this to function properly to enjoy the game. Good luck!

Thanks. Agreed - sounds technical in nature. I will follow your recommendations.

Captain_Orso

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:30 pm

If you post you Save\scenario and the \Scripts folder I might be able to read something out of it, if you also tell me exactly which turn it was.

Hollywood
Private

Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:If you post you Save\scenario and the \Scripts folder I might be able to read something out of it, if you also tell me exactly which turn it was.

Thanks for the follow up. Let me just ask you guys what happens when YOU click on Raise Taxes or Print Money or Issue War Bonds - do you get an immediate $600k in your $$$? The option implies that when you click Option X - you will receive $600k. Is that what you see - an immediate $600k?

I don't see any increase in $$$ when I click it.

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:55 pm

Immediate reduction in funds to pay for it if applies. Next turn will see the "signature" additional funds etc.

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:58 pm

The funds will be "deposited in your account" next turn.
It takes time to raise all that money! ;)

Hollywood
Private

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:07 pm

John S. Mosby wrote:The funds will be "deposited in your account" next turn.
It takes time to raise all that money! ;)

LOL - yeah - I get it. No easy counting up all those CSA dollars. Hell, half the Civil War movies ever made involved stealing "Confederate Gold".

But unfortunately, the $$$ never show up. Like I said, I played up through June of '63 in my first game and never saw a red CSA cent other than city income (which I would've believed could've come from raising taxes), but printing money and War bonds didn't do anything.

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:26 pm

W.Barksdale wrote:Try a reinstall?

Whatever the problems are they are limited to your experience, unfortunately.

I agree with Mr. Barksdale. I have never heard about this happening to anyone. It is possible it may be a corrupt install. Only one way to solve this...

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:24 am

Hollywood, when you issue your signature for War Bonds do you immediately see your VP decline? It should.
Or when you increase Rail Pool does the Money and War Supplies immediately decrease? They should.
Do you see any immediate deduction from any signature?

Captain_Orso

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Hollywood, which scenario were you playing originally?

I've think discovered something. It appears that for the Eastern and Western Campaigns, the Government Options for raising taxes, selling bonds and printing money are included in the selectable options, but the events which are triggered by selecting those options are not.

Jerzul
Captain

Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Hollywood, which scenario were you playing originally?

I've think discovered something. It appears that for the Eastern and Western Campaigns, the Government Options for raising taxes, selling bonds and printing money are included in the selectable options, but the events which are triggered by selecting those options are not.

You mean the Eastern Theater and Western Theater campaigns, correct? Not the Grand Campaigns?
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

Return to “Civil War II”