JohnSmirnov
Private

Question about units.

Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:10 pm

Hello! Can somebody tell me, please, is there Columbus Guards, Baker Guard Zouaves, 79th New York Ifantry and 11th Mississippi units in the game? If not, then devs, can you please add them soon or later in the game?

Durk

Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:37 am

Actually, it is probably simplest for you to rename the units you do not care about to the names of units you care about.

Cromagnonman
Brigadier General

Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:46 am

A great many historical units are in the game in some form or other, with regiments/batteries as "elements" and brigades/divisions as "units." There are many units/elements that are built automatically by the game (starting rosters and triggered elite/special units), as well as units you can build from state- and national-level force pools. I am pretty sure that the 69th PA and 71st NY are automatically-appearing, and the 2nd GA probably is as well. The elements in the recruitable force pools tend to be much less historically based.

Durk says you can change their name. I have seen this with stack names, but I don't know how to change element or unit names (but would love to learn)
"firstest with the mostest"

"I fights mit Sigel"

minipol
General

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:39 pm

There also is a mod that adds a lot of historical unit names.

Return to “Civil War II”