lightbrave
Captain

Chain of command

Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:52 am

Thank you for everybody that has responded to my posts. I feel I have a lot to learn in this game. My question today is.... I recently had a battle and 2 of my officers are eligible for promotion, however it says I will anger another officer if I promote them before him. I go to the other officer to promote him but there is no way to do it. How do I fix this. I enabled him to be a division commander but after I did that I get the same anger message when I try to promote the others

FightingBuckeye
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:22 am

Some generals can never be promoted. For the rest, your general has to have a seniority of 1-2 OR has to have gained at least 4 seniority points since he appeared.

More info halfway down the page
http://www.ageod.net/aacwwiki/Manual:Army_organization

Captain_Orso

Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:37 am

That's WAD lightbrave. The only thing you can do is asses the situation and decide if you are willing to take the NM/VP hit to promote the leader out-of-order or not.

So it really depends on who you have the opportunity to promote and the cost.

Rod Smart
Colonel

Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:33 pm

If you lose VPs by promoting, do it. That's why you stock up on victory points.
If you lose NM by promoting, don't do it. Its not worth it.

Also, consider who you are promoting. In real life, Burnsides and John Bell Hood got WORSE as they gained responsibility. The game accurately reflects that.

This is working as designed. These promotion squabbles happen in real life, and they happened even more in the Civil War when generals were often politically connected.

Captain_Orso

Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:01 pm

If I have to take an NM hit to promote Grant I will do it in 99.8% of those opportunities. There are many other leaders I would also promote. It just depends on who it is.

tripax
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:If I have to take an NM hit to promote Grant I will do it in 99.8% of those opportunities. There are many other leaders I would also promote. It just depends on who it is.

I agree, losing a battle because you have the wrong leader is worth as much NM as you might lose promoting the right one. It is a trade-off that I'm often (but not always) willing to make.

Rod Smart
Colonel

Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:39 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:If I have to take an NM hit to promote Grant I will do it in 99.8% of those opportunities. There are many other leaders I would also promote. It just depends on who it is.

Yes to Grant and Forrest. Obviously, those guys will get you a return on your NM investment.

Maybe to Stonewall and Hancock, depending on if you can even use that additional army command.

Never to a random 3-1-1. What's the point of lowering your NM to promote Ord or Ewell?

Absolutely friggin not if its Burnsides or Hood. I want those guys to be 1 star generals the whole war.

TheEmperor
Conscript

Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:55 am

Rod Smart wrote:Never to a random 3-1-1. What's the point of lowering your NM to promote Ord or Ewell?

Have never promoted Ord, does he become worse like Ewell?

Captain_Orso

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:22 am

Ord goes from 3-2-1 to 4-3-2 as Maj.Gen and remains there for Lt.Gen; he has no special abilities.

Return to “Civil War II”