TheDoctorKing

How can I escape?

Fri May 22, 2015 7:00 am

Just picked this game back up again after several months working on other projects. I started playing the July scenario as the Yanks. On the first turn, I moved McDowell's army into Manassas for the ritual defeat. I was duly defeated, but my units didn't fall back. So I set him to move back into Fairfax, put him on "retreat if engaged" and 'evade combat". That turn, another battle. Did the same thing next turn. Same result. Rinse and repeat. Now it's November, and the Rebs are still kicking their favorite punching bag around. What's wrong?

I can't imagine that this is WAD. Another reason the system should just retreat defeated forces and lock them. Presumably something has been done in a recent version to screw up retreats even worse than before.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain_Orso

Fri May 22, 2015 8:06 am

Hi Doc and welcome back :hat: ,

This is indeed something, which Pocus has been working on over the last weeks. It appears to be fixes in v1.06-RC3 if you'd care to try that out :)

TheDoctorKing

Sat May 23, 2015 6:06 am

Thanks! I had fun working on the other project, but now I'm ready to start working on a nice CW2 mod that will incorporate my options for a broader war as the result of FI.
Stewart King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TheDoctorKing

Sun May 24, 2015 7:47 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Hi Doc and welcome back :hat: ,

This is indeed something, which Pocus has been working on over the last weeks. It appears to be fixes in v1.06-RC3 if you'd care to try that out :)

Can't seem to find the 1.06 patch. The link in the 'help improve" thread is broken.
Stewart King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DrPostman

Sun May 24, 2015 9:10 pm

TheDoctorKing wrote:Can't seem to find the 1.06 patch. The link in the 'help improve" thread is broken.

Cardinal Ape re-uploaded the link:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?39468-Public-Beta-Patch-1-06-RC3-%28upd-May-13th%29&p=347375&viewfull=1#post347375
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Durk

Mon May 25, 2015 5:36 am

TheDoctorKing wrote:Just picked this game back up again after several months working on other projects. I started playing the July scenario as the Yanks. On the first turn, I moved McDowell's army into Manassas for the ritual defeat. I was duly defeated, but my units didn't fall back. So I set him to move back into Fairfax, put him on "retreat if engaged" and 'evade combat". That turn, another battle. Did the same thing next turn. Same result. Rinse and repeat. Now it's November, and the Rebs are still kicking their favorite punching bag around. What's wrong?

I can't imagine that this is WAD. Another reason the system should just retreat defeated forces and lock them. Presumably something has been done in a recent version to screw up retreats even worse than before.

A solution for now which works. Go green/green in your combat choices and select evade combat. These two combined will get you out of trouble. The problem comes if the enemy force has more strength and 'owns' the region.

BattleVonWar
Major

Mon May 25, 2015 11:21 am

For certain escape is not a guarantee ... Between MC%/nieghboring MC%...between evasion and detection values and I believe likely luck... You cannot say for certain what will happen. At times I have seen individual units butchered one after the other over 5 or 6 retreat attempts. If a General is inactive disbanding him and his units and individually evading with each unit is perhaps best. I have also seen this backfire.

I have suggested an RGD to allow for a safe retreat to friendly lines.
For every Southern boy fourteen years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it's still not yet two o'clock on that July afternoon in 1863 ~~~

Return to “Civil War II”