The Red Baron

Bugs or WAD?

Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:23 am

I have noticed a couple of inconsistencies that maybe the experienced forumites can answer. I am playing a GC as the CSA (1.05 RC9 27 Feb 2015 update).

1. According to the Regions list in the ledger, WSU production for the Nashville and Memphis regions is 10 WSU per turn; however, this doesn't agree with what I've calculated according to the rules. Here are the variables and calculations I am using:

Current NM = 118
Current Region Loyalty = 87
Base WSU Structure Production = 8 (per IW structure tooltip)

WSU production = 8 x 1.37 [Loyalty +50%] x 1.09 [NM] = 11.9464 --> ~12

Is this correct or am I missing a modifier? A difference of 2 pts might not seem a lot, but it's early in the game and I need every point I can get.

2. I sent Stand Watie and his Indian Light Cav on the warpath through the western IT. Rather than destroy the stockades in the regions through which they passed, the Indians captured Fts Supply, Cobb and Arbuckle. The manual states Indians cannot capture depots or forts but instead will destroy them automatically (pg. 64). Has this attribute changed or do stockades not qualify as "forts"; i.e., are only pre-war forts of a type the Indians destroy automatically?

Thanks for any helpful info.

Durk

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:57 am

I cannot help as to number one as simply do not track numbers and data in games.

As to #2 - If the loyalty is above 50% then irregulars do capture all sorts of regions, forts and depots.

The Red Baron

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:57 pm

Durk wrote:As to #2 - If the loyalty is above 50% then irregulars do capture all sorts of regions, forts and depots.

Loyalty was right at 50% (not above), so maybe Indians destroy at <=49% loyalty?

As for question #1, where's the Captain when you need him??? Where's the wizard? :D

Captain_Orso

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:22 pm

Image *huh* what?

I didn't answer this because it's one of those trivia questions that i always forget until i go back and try it. Then everything falls into place. But I haven't had time lately, soooo.... Image

But IIRC, the crux of the thing is the ECSO. K? Nite Image

What? What do you mean, you don't get it? .... ECSO? Oh, Evade Combat Special Order.

If your force is set to ECSO and it passes over an ungarrisoned location, it will destroy at least some part(s) of its structures instead of just trying to capture it. IIRC this includes locations that force might have also captured.

For example, a Late War Cavalry Regiment on ECSO moves through a region with a town without a garrison with a depot, with a pond with a log with a frog..... sorry, I got carried away Image.

A Late War Cavalry Regiment on ECSO moves through a region with an ungarrisoned town with a depot. The town and depot will be captured, but the depot will be destroyed. If there is no depot--generally the case--you will get a message in the Message Panel saying that your force destroyed so-n-so much GS and Ammo while capturing Region-X, ZZ. If your force's move ends in that region, it will not attempt to destroy anything; only if it is passing through.

The danger of this is, if you didn't intend on destroying structures you might have wished to capture. I've had this happen to me. I was doing a scouting sweep along the south side of the Tennessee River in Northern Alabama. I didn't expect Tuscumbia to be empty when I passed through it, but it was, and my cavalry destroyed not only the supplies there, but some factory too Image.

If your force in NOT set to ECSO, it will simply capture what ever it can. If it cannot, for example Partisans cannot capture a town with <50% loyalty, nothing further will happen.

So, if you want to destroy all those stockades.... ECSO Image

The Red Baron

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:34 pm

A Late War Cavalry Regiment on ECSO moves through a region with an ungarrisoned town with a depot. The town and depot will be captured, but the depot will be destroyed. If there is no depot--generally the case--you will get a message in the Message Panel saying that your force destroyed so-n-so much GS and Ammo while capturing Region-X, ZZ. If your force's move ends in that region, it will not attempt to destroy anything; only if it is passing through.

In essence this is what happened; structure captured (unless auto-garrison appeared), most but not all supplies destroyed.

I didn't expect Tuscumbia to be empty when I passed through it, but it was, and my cavalry destroyed not only the supplies there, but some factory too.

I didn't realize it was possible to destroy other structures besides depots. Has this always been the case or was this added in a later version?

Thanks.

Captain_Orso

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:40 pm

I'm not sure. I wasn't aware of it at the time either. Surprises all around I guess ;) .

deguerra
Major

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:54 am

I've had some weird results with resource production that goes against the ledger as well - does anyone have any clear picture of how these are calculated?

ArmChairGeneral
AGEod Grognard

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:07 am

ECSO!! Great acronym, I will be using it from now on.

I think 50% is enough to be considered friendly for the Raider trait, so 49% or less should get you some destruction.

Captain_Orso

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:02 am

deguerra wrote:I've had some weird results with resource production that goes against the ledger as well - does anyone have any clear picture of how these are calculated?

I think somebody did some kind of analysis recently, but other than that production didn't match what they expected, there was no explanation. Does what is listed in the cities list also include all the structures you can build during the game?

ArmChairGeneral wrote:ECSO!! Great acronym, I will be using it from now on.

SOOOrrrrrryyyy: ECSO™, you'll have to fill out these forms first, in triplicate Image

JK Image have at it Hoss.

ArmChairGeneral wrote:I think 50% is enough to be considered friendly for the Raider trait, so 49% or less should get you some destruction.

I'm pretty certain it's not. I did some testing about this once. Basically I played around with Louisville Kentucky at 50% loyalty--to both sides of course ;) --with militia and early war cavalry.

The quintessence I came up with was:
- 50% loyalty is no-man's-land. Without troops, nobody controls the city and nobody has an advantage for anything.
- Only Line-Infantry and Late War Cavalry can control a city from outside.

To be honest, I can't remember exactly what should happen if you send a raider with the ECSO™[SUP]1)[/SUP] through a loyal town (>50% loyalty), belonging to the enemy, but not garrisoned. I would think they should capture it, but maybe not.

Why am I the only one writing scenarios to test these things? Image

[SUP]1)[/SUP] ;)

minipol
General

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:07 pm

Because your brain is wired that way? :)
I always seem to forget these ECSO™ capture or destroy things.
Might have to write them down or maybe I have already done so and forgotten where I stored the paper :)

The Red Baron

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Ah, I see Pocus chiming in on the exact calculations used in the Occupier/Hated Occupier special ability. Might he also shed some light on the calculations used for a region's WSU production? (see #1 on OP) :confused:

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:33 am

I'm sorry but I just have to ask...what is a WAD?
And while I'm making a fool out of myself, what is a ZOC?

AndrewKurtz

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:02 am

John S. Mosby wrote:I'm sorry but I just have to ask...what is a WAD?
And while I'm making a fool out of myself, what is a ZOC?

Working as Designed
Zone of Control

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:12 am

AndrewKurtz wrote:Working as Designed
Zone of Control

Thank you sir. :hat:

Return to “Civil War II”