twynn
Conscript

Help renaming units.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:30 am

Hello, im new to these forums but a long time ageod gamer. I already posted this in another section of the forms but i believe its the wrong section. i finally figured out how to update my steam version to the beta patch. got it working nicely. but i still cannot change my unit names. the cursor seems to be positioned weirdly. delete, insert, space and backspace do not seem to help any. any help with this would be appriciated. Im trying to rename my divisions currently.

The Red Baron

Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:14 pm

Try updating to the latest release candidate, which is 1.05 RC8 (Feb9-2015). One of the prior versions of 1.05 disabled the rename feature. This latest version restores it.

twynn
Conscript

Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:31 am

thanks for the reply. i did state in the op that i did update to the beta patch. i should have specified which one i guess. but yes i am updated to thispatech. when i alt left click on the tab it does open the tab to change the name, however this is where the problem starts. the cursor position for typing in the new name is no where to be found. if i type..it starts at the end of the current name..if i delete, backspace or anything else..it only slides the current name to the left..this is what i need help with.

The Red Baron

Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the error. I recommend you post your problem with a screenshot in the CWII technical support forum for Pocus to have a look at. (Pocus is one of the developers.) He may subsequently ask you to upload some files for him to examine. Other players with the identical issue may also chime in to make a post, so you could see quick resolution to your problem.

Captain_Orso

Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Navigate any file manager (Windows Explorer for example) to "..\{your_installation_folder}\CW2\Settings" and open the 'System.opt' file with 'notepad.exe' or any text file editor/viewer--not winword or any such editors--and read what it says on the second line behind 'GameVersion'. Quit without saving. This is where the patch-level (version) information is. Pocus doesn't always keep it absolutely up-to-date during betas, but pretty close.

If it's 1.05 Public-Beta RC8 or similar, then stack renaming will work.

Rod Smart
Colonel

Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:36 pm

I have this problem as well with patch version 1.04

Add onto the name with no hope of removing the first "Division #X", or update to 1.05

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:26 pm

I also have the same renaming issue in 1.04 which has been verified by Pocus.
However the game is very playable in 1.04.

Does 1.05 Public Beta have any significant "issues" that would discourage one from updating now?

bommerrang
Sergeant

Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:09 pm

yes, this renaming issue is very irritating. I have PBEM games going on and the players do not want to upgrade to the latest beta in case it blows the games up. Is there not something that can't be fixed in a file using notepad to fix the renaming issue?

Return to “Civil War II”