Wonko
Private

Recruiting Officer attribute

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:54 am

Sorry if this one has been asked before (there are a lot of threads!), but what exactly does the Recruiting Officer attribute do, and what do I need to take advantage of it?

Right now I've got John McClernand in the Chicago region. Does he actually need to be inside the structure, or is the region OK?

Does he increase the speed of training new units, or does he merely increase the number of Conscript Companies I get every turn? If he increases the speed of new unit training, I assume they need to be in the stack with him - do command limits apply (i.e. does he not provide the benefit if he can only take 2 units and there are 6 in the stack)?

Captain_Orso

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:12 pm

A recruiting officer must be inside a level 5+ city and if in a stack, must be the commander of that stack, but does not actually have to be in a stack or command any unit(s) at all.

Each turn a recruiting office meets these requirements that city will produce an additional 5 conscript companies.

Bill's Boy
Corporal

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:11 am

Does the loyalty of the city affect the number of conscripts the recruiting officer can recruit? For example, would a Union recruiting officer recruit more conscripts in, say, Boston or Philadelphia than Baltimore or St. Louis?

Captain_Orso

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:36 am

No, the ability works like a simple script; it checks if the requirements are met, and if they are met, it executes the action. In this case, the city produces an additional 5 CC's. Loyalty has nothing to do with it; at least from everything I've read.

Durk

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:18 am

Well, in my experience the Recruiting officer does not need to be inside the city, just in the region. Loyalty matters if less than 50%, but as most cities you select will be more than this if is not too important. For instance, a recruiting officer who accompanies a New Orleans invasion will not recruit until New Orleans becomes Union friendly.

donagel
Sergeant

Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:20 am

I have put Burside in NY and McClernand in Chicago. They are the only units in their stack. Should I see an actual increase in the Conscripts production on the Region List? So far nothing as changed. If not there, is there somewhere to see if they are doing anything?
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H.L. Mencken-

Captain_Orso

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:18 am

You might, but I think it will become apparent only on the next turn.

Most of the statistical values the game presents, such as Money, Conscript Companies and WSU incomes are all what you received during the last turn execution. So check in the list what you received from the city in question the previous turn and write it down somewhere (date, amount, loyalty and NM[SUP]1)[/SUP]), and after you've executed this turn check the cities list for the amounts it then currently shows.

[SUP]1)[/SUP] How many CC's a region produces is also affected by loyalty and NM, so if CC production is not what you expected these values may be responsible for that difference.

donagel
Sergeant

Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:19 pm

I became determine to figure out what the actual benefit was and started to move around Burnside, McClernand and Banks to different cities. Here is what I observed:

• The only way to see the *true* number conscript production is to hover over the Conscripts Companies icon at the top of the screen and look at "Changes from City Income". This is always updated based on the position of your recuriting generals.
  • While the region list shows the conscript production per city, if you move a recruiter into a city, these numbers WILL NOT change unless you quit the game and restart.
  • It is not a +5 increase as previously mentioned in the thread. I am not sure of the calculations, but it does have something to do with loyalty (I think). With Banks in Baltimore(43% loyalty), you get a +4. Banks in Boston(87% loyalty), you get a +7. McClernand in Chicago (92%) +7, in St.Louis (65%), +6. I guess it could be % based and would vary over time....
  • The highest benefit that I could find was +7 (Detroit with 100% loyalty)
  • Each general with the trait seems to have the exact same effect.

The thing that really struck me was the % benefit these generals can provide. In December of 1861, My cities were producing a total of 90 conscripts. With 3 generals working high loyalty cities, you get an additional 21, which roughtly works out to a 20% increase.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H.L. Mencken-

BigDuke66
General

Re: Recruiting Officer attribute

Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:58 am

Does the NM or the region loyalty impact the CC production of the region?
And does the NM or the region loyalty impact the CC production of the recruiting officer?
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

pgr
General of the Army

Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:21 pm

I put them in the cities. The recruit bonus does indeed show up on the production screen. (And i think production can be upped by higher loyality. )

pgr
General of the Army

Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:28 pm

I put them in the cities. The recruit bonus does indeed show up on the production screen. (And i think production can be upped by higher loyality. )

Return to “Civil War II”