homet
Corporal

Kentucky Intervention Question

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:36 pm

I'm playing a PBEM game using the latest game version and was interested in being able to have my Union forces enter Kentucky in the spring of 1862. When I went to try and activate the Kentucky Intervention option, I found I wasn't able to select the option. All I could see was the text for the option, but no way to select it (see attached image). My Confederate opponent confirmed that he has an intervention option that he can select. Is the Kentucky option implemented to only allow the Confederates to select an intervention? I think I saw that the Union side could intervene in late 1861, but I'm not totally sure now.
[ATTACH]26326[/ATTACH]
Attachments
KentuckyIntervention.JPG

Ace

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:43 pm

US could intervene in 61. By may 62, KY should choose US side by default.

homet
Corporal

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:04 am

Indeed, Kentucky chose the Union side in June of 62. I'm wondering why the Union side wasn't able to choose intervention in the early part of 1862 while the Confederate side could.

Keeler
Captain

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:53 am

I've seen this happen in single player games. Once the game hits 1862 the option remains if intervention hasn't happened yet, but cannot be selected. I assumed that this was due to the changes that occurred to Kentucky events in the latest patch.

StoneWall Jackson
Corporal

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:29 am

Happened in one of my recent PBEM games, as the Union, I could not select it at all. Showed only the text like above up until mid 62, when we ended our game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ace

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:39 am

It is a bug. Union cannot select it past Nov, 62: on the bright side, by May it will eventually join North in any case.

Sorel
Captain

Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:48 pm

I´m having another problem with Kentucky in a pbem game as the USA. I received the "KY leaning towards Union" event in early may (with the event text missing, as have already been reported in another thread, by the way).

In the next turn (late may), I can´t still move through KY. Is this WAD? What´s the meaning of this event? Just, perhaps, that, starting from that turn, is there a given probability that KY joins Union?

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:42 am

r u union or csa?
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Q-Ball
Lieutenant

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:13 pm

Sorel wrote:I´m having another problem with Kentucky in a pbem game as the USA. I received the "KY leaning towards Union" event in early may (with the event text missing, as have already been reported in another thread, by the way).

In the next turn (late may), I can´t still move through KY. Is this WAD? What´s the meaning of this event? Just, perhaps, that, starting from that turn, is there a given probability that KY joins Union?

I just reported this exact occurence, as CSA, in March 1862. No text in the event description, other than an error message, and KY is still closed.

I just asked my opponent if we can both select KY Intervention to force it open, where both of us take a penalty...seems fair, KY should open in early 1862 regardless

Sorel
Captain

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:49 pm

It finally opened to Union a few turns after the "leaning towards Union" event. So I imagine this event means that there´s a probability from that point onwards for KY finally joining the USA. The question is that with the missing text it isn´t easy to understand.

Return to “Civil War II”