exar83
Private

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:26 am

(anything out of place like this or modern looking leader portraits (worse Kirk Douglas) leads to a loss of immersion for me).
AJE is a fine map though - as long as a map is not pointlessly 3D I'm happy.

Then you should really like the commander in charge of the Union force at Ft. Laramie when the event driven Indian raid is going on. I just noticed it for the first time a week ago. The commander's name is..... K. Costner. I about fell out of my chair ROTFL!!! Whoever put that in there certainly had a sense of humor, however historically inaccurate it may be.

Florent

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Will it have new Artwork for counters or the old ones ?

PhilThib

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:46 pm

exar83 wrote:Then you should really like the commander in charge of the Union force at Ft. Laramie when the event driven Indian raid is going on. I just noticed it for the first time a week ago. The commander's name is..... K. Costner. I about fell out of my chair ROTFL!!! Whoever put that in there certainly had a sense of humor, however historically inaccurate it may be.

LOL, finally someone spotted Kevin after 6 years in the bush (this was made by me in 2007!!) :mdr:

PhilThib

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Florent wrote:Will it have new Artwork for counters or the old ones ?

What is your preference? It's not fully decided right now...

Florent

Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:58 pm

Sandra art was very nice but perhaps an improvement is needed since this is AACW2.

richfed

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:22 pm

I just hope that somehow you figure a way to have the US AI place more sustained effort into interior invasions, particularly when by sea or river --- the Mississippi, for sure. That really would make for a whole new game.
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Pocus

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 am

The AI can now benefits from a lot more scripting options, including 'AI agents' help, so it should be better :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Belisarius7
Conscript

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:56 pm

One naming mistake I noticed with the last map was that the Chattahoochee River (in between Alabama and Georgia) was named the Apalachicola River all the way up to Columbus, GA.

The Chattahoochee River ends at Lake Seminole, which forms the corner boundary between Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. Lake Seminole is drained by the Apalachicola River system to the Gulf.

It was a minor naming error and not a very contested part of the map, but being a local I felt it should be noted.

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:15 am

PhilThib wrote:What is your preference? It's not fully decided right now...

If it's possible, I would definitely like to see Sandras art again. I am not even sure if I would have ever bought ACW in 2007 if I hadn't seen them on your web page, and almost fell off my chair.
I also predict that there will be an outcry by old fans if the new game looks "worse" than before. The excellent crisp graphics must have been a big factor that drew a lot of people into a game that - at first - appears too complex. But I also see where the problem is, to find an artist who can create a look that is consistent with the old one, this would however give more time to create only new graphics.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 am

GlobalExplorer wrote:If it's possible, I would definitely like to see Sandras art again. I am not even sure if I would have ever bought ACW in 2007 if I hadn't seen them on your web page, and almost fell off my chair.
I also predict that there will be an outcry by old fans if the new game looks "worse" than before. The excellent crisp graphics must have been a big factor that drew a lot of people into a game that - at first - appears too complex. But I also see where the problem is, to find an artist who can create a look that is consistent with the old one, this would however give more time to create only new graphics.

+1 :)
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

DanSez
Sergeant

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:54 pm

New map looks great - I am in the camp of wanting more ops info on the map (terrain, infrastructure, supply levels, control, weather).

I like the idea of more room to maneuver but I imagine that puts more strain on the AI. I am very excited and looking forward to this game.

Mirandasucre
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:05 am

and the release date may be in.....?????
I love the map scale......and the new posibilities in the west... :)

Pocus

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:21 am

Second half of this year. We will be more precise as the date nears.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

DrPostman

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:34 pm

It will be nice to actually invade Canada instead of jumping from box to box. That's a beautiful map. Can't
wait for the new game. I agree about the unit graphics though. I hope they stay pretty much the same.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Boomer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Any chance for some updated screenies? The map looks great, but I know we'd all love a treat to tide us over until dinner. :neener:

Pocus

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:31 am

All graphics are still in production and are not yet assembled properly, so sorry, you'll have to wait a bit.

Chuske
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:57 pm

Looking forward to AACW2, every game by you guys is brilliant and I'm confident AACW2 will be the bset yet :)

Map looks fantastic
Useful Info for Beginners

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman

FortyEighter
Private

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:04 am

I can hardly wait for AACW 2. AACW is one of the greatest Games I've played so far. Keep up the good work!
"I fight mit Sigel" XI Corps, Army of the Potomac
FortyEighter aka Leprechaun @ Paradox Forums
R.I.P. Henry D.

Stauffenberg
General

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:22 pm

PhilThib wrote:What is your preference? It's not fully decided right now...

I think the artwork and counter layout is just fine as is. I would perhaps consider using some additional tweaked NATO symbols to differentiate conscripts/infantry/elite.

Also small state flags for brigades where appropriate, with new dynamics to depict advantages and disadvantages for certain in-state or out of state deployments (CSA Virginians in particular). State capitols on the map with state flag below the national flag.

The evolving new map is simply gorgeous. :)

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:41 pm

I really like the state flag idea especially since they were so prevalent throughout the war.
I second that! :thumbsup:

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Woot! Woohoo!!!

I really am on board with this idea. I know some are a little tired of AACW, but if Ageod produced 1 new AACW every year for the next 10 years, I'd have about 15 AACW (I'm including titles from other companies) simulations! And love everyone of them, lol.

DrPostman

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 pm

I usually get tired of games after a year or so. The only other game I've played this long was
Steel Panthers. I won't ever get tired of it because every game is so different. And to top that
off AACW2 is almost here!

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:22 pm

AACW 2 this year ? (2013 ?)

:w00t:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

DrPostman

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:00 am

FENRIS wrote:AACW 2 this year ? (2013 ?)

:w00t:

I sure hope so. Last I've heard its supposed to be released toward the end of this year.

wodin
Sergeant

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:55 am

Sandras Maps are pure works of art. It's what drew me to BOA all those years ago.

marecone

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:14 am

Just sayin hi to all developers all you gamers! These are great news and I can't wait to see first work on this game. You have basicaly gave us all one could want from ACW game in your first game, wich is by far the best ACW game ever. Now you can just polish it and add few things to color it and refresh it.
Pocus, I have sent you a pm and hope your box ain't full.

Godspeed
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

DrPostman

Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:22 pm

marecone wrote: You have basicaly gave us all one could want from ACW game in your first game, wich is by far the best ACW game ever. Now you can just polish it and add few things to color it and refresh it.

I'm sure you saw the new map at the beginning of this thread so I'm looking for AACW2 to be more of an
expansion rather than a polishing up. We'll have to see what they have in mind because, as with any rework,
there will be things we like and a few we probably don't like. Either way I'm excited and can't wait to see it.

wosung

Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:31 pm

FYI:
And btw: why was this not officially posted here?!
It would be great if AACW2 infos will be published at the Slitherine, Matrix and Ageod forum simultaneously. Or do you want us to do some snippet hunting? It's like the Vainglory of Nations/PON marketing...

Best regards

http://www.facebook.com/notes/matrix-games-ltd/through-the-keyhole-april-5th-2013/553386281348927
http://www.wargamer.com/news/7664/slitherine-blog-post-reveals-info-on-acw2

Through the Keyhole - April 5th, 2013

American Civil War 2 in the making.

A word of Philippe Thibaut and Philippe Malacher, producers at AGEOD.

"As many of you know, we are currently developing ACW2, the sequel to Ageod American Civil War, widely accepted by the community of strategy gamers as a classic of the genre. So what's in you may ask? Why doing a version 2 if the first opus seems to cover the conflict well enough.

Well, the truth is that the engine evolved over the years and that it can do things better than before. Some of the features of ACW1 were done in a particular way in part because the engine could not do it another. For example we only had a few hard coded options, like printing money, drafting people. Now check what we have added in recent releases, like the game with sandals and skirts (I mean Alea Jacta Est, not anything else like super secret project X which don't even exists, so why I'm talking of it?).

We have added the possibility a lot more of versatile historical choices in these recent games, and we plan to do that in ACW2. Plus now the game allows you to play regional decisions, which are very fun to play (if you like the'card-driven' feel they give). For example having a sneaky partisan in a region allows you to trigger the 'Burn enemy depot' decision. So there is features to do differently now, and in a way that we think is better.

But that'snot all, because we developed over time a new way of making windows and panels,you should see, it makes a difference! (a pity you can't right now, but we will soon release full screenshots of the game, rest assured!). Windows will be more functional plus they are much less demanding on your computer than the old ones. So better, faster windows, why would you not be happy with that! :-)

That's it,in a nutshell (and some here at Ageod really like nuts). We expect ACW2 to beready during late Summer (Q3 for people of southern hemisphere)".

anjou
Lieutenant

Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Nice find!

Pocus

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:54 am

There is a lot of polishing up, like the interface, many graphics, and several features also (historical options). We are also designing a brand new feature of interest also.

Return to “Civil War II”