Linstock
Corporal

Corps artillery?

Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Is it useful to attach artillery directly to a corps command, or should I leave them all in the divisions?

Skibear
Lieutenant

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:01 am

Yes, up to 4 loose artillery batteries held at corps level will potentially concentrate their fire in support of the divisions in the stack with good effect. Many folks will use the best batteries, i.e. 20ib guns, or maybe some 10ib to maximise the effect. The same applies at Army level too, up to 4 batteries afaik. Any more than 4 per stack should I think do not get used at any one round, but could rotate in theory but are likely a waste.
"Stay low, move fast"

Jim-NC

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:10 am

There have been some debates about this (the make up of a division, artillery loose, etc.). See here or there
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:59 pm

http://www.ageod.net/aacwwiki/Frontage

This is a link to the explanation of the AACW game factor known as frontage. If this still applies in CW2, then a certain number of artillery batteries in a stack will be permitted to fire each round depending on terrain and overall commander's stats. If you have more artillery in a stack than the maximum number permitted to fire, then the guns that fire will be chosen randomly. So, if you have eight 6-lbrs and eight 20-lbers and only eight may fire, then most often a mix of both guns would fire. However, if you only have big guns in a stack, then they will fire every round. Artillery in a Division will only fire at the target of that Division. Artillery loose in a stack will fire at a random target. Artillery do not participate in an assault when range is zero, so I have all infantry and cavalry in the assault Divisions and heavy artillery loose in the stack (Corps/Army).
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Return to “Civil War II”