coolbean
Major

Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:31 pm

Vezina wrote:For the sake of game balance, I would like to suggest that the trade zone attached to Vienna, "North Austria," be tied to the Mediterranean maritime zone. It is otherwise impossible to trade with Austria without bordering North Austria, and the normal Great Power ability of "(Great Power A)'s trade fleets make (Great Power A)'s capital trade zone accessible" doesn't apply to Austria-Hungary.

While it would be up for debate if A-H were to ever lose its coastline, it is entirely unfair to A-H to not be able to sell its goods outside of continental Europe while it holds a good third of the Adriatic coast.

I can definitely support that suggestion. I completely agree, if Austria were to lose its coastline in game then we should probably come to the conclusion that they can't trade directly across to the sea. but while it still has a coastline, it should be entirely within reason to assume that they should be able to trade directly to a maritime trade box. It also provides a strange situation where Austria can't sell goods directly to other nations. Again, if it was landlocked it would make sense, but it's not.

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:51 pm

coolbean wrote:I can definitely support that suggestion. I completely agree, if Austria were to lose its coastline in game then we should probably come to the conclusion that they can't trade directly across to the sea. but while it still has a coastline, it should be entirely within reason to assume that they should be able to trade directly to a maritime trade box. It also provides a strange situation where Austria can't sell goods directly to other nations. Again, if it was landlocked it would make sense, but it's not.

Thanks, I wanted to raise this issue myself sometime soon, but had the ambition to first see myself how to script the change so that I could just propose the script to you guys. If anybody knows how to do that quickly, I´d be extremely thankful!
Fiat iustitia Image Pereat mundus

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:11 pm

I agree for fairness in game terms too - even though it seems a cold war is getting started betwenn Belgium and the CPs ;-D

coolbean
Major

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:28 pm

I have admittedly been missing a lot of communication in the e-mails and forums, and fully recognize that's my fault and therefore I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere: but are we recognizing historic treaties in game that happened before the game's time frame? If so, can we put these treaties in the treaty folder in the dropbox so everyone can see them and acknowledge that they are in effect? Again, apologize if this was already established but I completely missed it.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:52 pm

06-01 up.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:01 am

Vezina wrote:For the sake of game balance, I would like to suggest that the trade zone attached to Vienna, "North Austria," be tied to the Mediterranean maritime zone. It is otherwise impossible to trade with Austria without bordering North Austria, and the normal Great Power ability of "(Great Power A)'s trade fleets make (Great Power A)'s capital trade zone accessible" doesn't apply to Austria-Hungary.

While it would be up for debate if A-H were to ever lose its coastline, it is entirely unfair to A-H to not be able to sell its goods outside of continental Europe while it holds a good third of the Adriatic coast.

Agreed.

I do not know how to script this, but I will try to figure it out.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:34 am

lukasberger wrote:Agreed.

I do not know how to script this, but I will try to figure it out.

Maybe Pocus can advise on how to fix this. Probably should be a permanent fix for the game as a whole, hopefully for the official 1.04 patch.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:46 pm

1850-06-15 coming up.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:29 am

bjfagan wrote:1850-06-15 coming up.

Thanks Brian, I was running a little late!

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:29 pm

1850-07-01 coming up.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:00 am

Ok, it's up now.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:30 pm

1850-07-15 coming up.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:40 am

1850-08-01 coming up.

Nevermind...

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:47 am

bjfagan wrote:1850-08-01 coming up.

I ran the turn already Brian, should be in the dropbox just forgot to post in the thread here!

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:24 am

08-15 up.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:02 am

Sorry I'm so late. 09-01 coming up.

Up now.

Vezina
Lieutenant

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:48 am

Holy crap, what an absolute screw-job by the AI. I made an .ord file for late August but forgot to put it in dropbox. I apologize for any inconvenience to countries that were trading with France that now can't, but I have fleets EVERYWHERE now. Hopefully, the Hawaiian islands enjoy their temporary access to Parisian goods.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:07 am

Vezina wrote:Holy crap, what an absolute screw-job by the AI. I made an .ord file for late August but forgot to put it in dropbox. I apologize for any inconvenience to countries that were trading with France that now can't, but I have fleets EVERYWHERE now. Hopefully, the Hawaiian islands enjoy their temporary access to Parisian goods.

Arrgh. Sorry :(

Changed the value in the z.opt file from 0 which wasn't working) to 1 as Brian suggested but given that I still got the "change to ai" prompt as usual I figured it didn't work :(

Open to suggestions at this point, do we need to talk with Pocus or PhilThib to figure this out?

bjfagan
General of the Army

Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:31 am

lukasberger wrote:Arrgh. Sorry :(

Changed the value in the z.opt file from 0 which wasn't working) to 1 as Brian suggested but given that I still got the "change to ai" prompt as usual I figured it didn't work :(

Open to suggestions at this point, do we need to talk with Pocus or PhilThib to figure this out?

I guess go back to 0.

Vezina
Lieutenant

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:10 pm

lukasberger wrote:Arrgh. Sorry :(

No need to be sorry. It was my fault for not uploading my orders! I was just amazed at how much the AI changed in one turn and not for the better.

PhilThib

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Unless I am mistaken, the AI only takes over after 2 consecutive turns without orders...at least it was so in the previous PBEM I joined.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:30 pm

PhilThib wrote:Unless I am mistaken, the AI only takes over after 2 consecutive turns without orders...at least it was so in the previous PBEM I joined.

Thanks Phil.

Hmm, probably true, not sure though. For any of the guys who the ai has taken over for, has that been your experience?

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:31 pm

bjfagan wrote:I guess go back to 0.

Yeah, makes sense. I'll do so.

coolbean
Major

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:54 pm

There was an instance a while back, maybe on our third turn, when my dropbox was having trouble syncing with the internet, but I mistakenly thought it was synced. Anyway, I was unable to submit a .ord file for my turn and I don't think the AI made any movements during that missed turn.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:15 pm

Lots of missing turns at this point. Was planning to run soon, should I hold off a bit since I was late yesterday to give you guys more time?

Vezina
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:10 am

lukasberger wrote:Thanks Phil.

Hmm, probably true, not sure though. For any of the guys who the ai has taken over for, has that been your experience?

I'm considering this by looking through the dropbox folders, although it doesn't look like it. The only turn that I am actually missing is 8-15, and there was an instance where I turned in my 7-15 turn seven minutes before Lukas ran it. However, there is a turn in between there that I absolutely processed in time. I'm guessing that switching the ai file is probably what happened to me; unless the file didn't sync on dropbox until much later.

Ah well. A minor headache, not a catastrophe. :)

coolbean
Major

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:11 pm

In this most recent turn I was unable to submit my file and the AI successfully moved every single US land and naval unit that wasn't locked. The AI also tried to disband half of the US merchant fleet, which would have been bad. I thought I would be able to simply save some money for the next turn but the AI also managed to waste money here and there, but mostly on a bill that didn't pass Congress and wasn't worth the risk. Oh well, now I know that next time it's number one priority to get the turn in... :neener:

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:22 am

coolbean wrote:In this most recent turn I was unable to submit my file and the AI successfully moved every single US land and naval unit that wasn't locked. The AI also tried to disband half of the US merchant fleet, which would have been bad. I thought I would be able to simply save some money for the next turn but the AI also managed to waste money here and there, but mostly on a bill that didn't pass Congress and wasn't worth the risk. Oh well, now I know that next time it's number one priority to get the turn in... :neener:

I sent PhilThib a message to see if he could help at all. Until then I guess I'd recommend that everyone just submit a blank ord each turn if it's at all possible to do so.

Another possible solution, if while things are quite guys wanted to clear their pw's and leave the turn unprotected I'd be willing to submit blank turns for anyone who wanted me to do so.

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:04 pm

I'm leaving my turn unprotected and would be very grateful for the 'blank turn' option, Lukas... There will be at least one day every week where I will simply can't put in an .ord and without the AI messing things up that would work totally fine, not it's a bit of a nuisance.
Fiat iustitia Image Pereat mundus

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:35 pm

I would gladly do the same, if I knew how...

X the Ninth.

Return to “PON Conflict in Europe - Redux”