lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:54 pm

Is there something else I was supposed to include guys?

Already activated the South Austria trade thing, but it doesn't seem to have worked so far as I can see.

I'm pretty sure there was one other thing though, maybe China related. Just can't remember...

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:03 am

The Qatar fired, and the mission and consulate were returned correctly, however the CP did not switch from GB to the USA :(

I'll try to figure out what went wrong there. If you want to test it yourself, you just basically have to paste the event into one of the events files, then run the turn. I used USA Event.sct

coolbean
Major

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:12 am

Ok I'll try. Did the protectorate itself switch over to USA control?

Nevermind, I should just open the turn for myself...

coolbean
Major

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:16 am

ah ha! I believe it did not transfer the CP or protectorate control to USA because the colony itself is called "Qatar and Bahrain," while only the province itself is called "Qatar." I'll fix the script and re-post it. Thanks for the help Lukas. I don't think I can post it tonight but should have time to post it before the turn tomorrow.

Even weirder, the name is actually Qatar & Bahrain, with the "&." I wonder if that is the exact way it will need to be typed...

coolbean
Major

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Got it! I just tested it. Now the only problem is that in order to test it I had to go to the previous turn, because it is set to only run once. So, I'm not sure what to change to make it run one more time, or if it is a matter of slightly changing the title of the script, or if you paste it in it will just work because it's new.

SelectFaction = $CMN

StartEvent = Return of Qatar to USA|1|1|Null|Null|Null|Null //Single execution

Actions

SelectFaction = $USA
ChangeResStock = $merDiplomat;-1

//Transfer of Qatar structures
SelectFaction = $GBR
SelectRegion = $Qatar
RemoveStructure = ByDefUID $Consulate;RANDOM;SINGLEFAC
SelectFaction = $USA
SelectRegion = $Qatar
CreateStruc
SetType = $Consulate
SetName = Consulate
Apply

SelectFaction = $GBR
SelectRegion = $Qatar
RemoveStructure = ByDefUID $Mission;RANDOM;SINGLEFAC
SelectFaction = $USA
SelectRegion = $Qatar
CreateStruc
SetType = $Mission
SetName = Mission
Apply

SelectRegion = $Qatar
ChangeRgnOwner = $GBR
SetColonialPen = 69
SetColStatusArea = $Qatar; 1

EndEvent

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:42 am

Sorry to be late, running the turn now. I think I can get the Qatar event to fire again. If not, then I'll work on it tomorrow.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:00 am

Looks like Qatar worked! Tony, you'll want to check and make certain but I think we're good!

New turn is up btw :)

coolbean
Major

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:37 am

Thank you Lukas!

It looks like everything switched over normally. The only issue is the trade post should have remained in GB's hands, but I guess the change owner line moves everything over, not just the province control. That's ok, I can write a stand alone script that would destroy the US trade post and build a GB trade post. I know scripting is a touchy subject and I apologize for posting all of this about these scripts. And I apologize for needing a second one, but I think that one line makes a second stand alone script necessary.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:51 am

coolbean wrote:Thank you Lukas!

It looks like everything switched over normally. The only issue is the trade post should have remained in GB's hands, but I guess the change owner line moves everything over, not just the province control. That's ok, I can write a stand alone script that would destroy the US trade post and build a GB trade post. I know scripting is a touchy subject and I apologize for posting all of this about these scripts. And I apologize for needing a second one, but I think that one line makes a second stand alone script necessary.

No apologies needed! I assume we'll be scripting a heck of a lot more complicated stuff than this as the game goes on.

coolbean
Major

Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:22 pm

And finally this will re-create the trade post in Qatar for GBR! I just tested it and it is ready to be added in.

SelectFaction = $CMN

StartEvent = Return Qatar Tradepost to GBR|1|1|Null|Null|Null|Null //Single execution

Actions

//Transfer of Qatar structures
SelectFaction = $USA
SelectRegion = $Qatar
RemoveStructure = ByDefUID $Tradepost;RANDOM;SINGLEFAC
SelectFaction = $GBR
SelectRegion = $Qatar
CreateStruc
SetType = $Tradepost
SetName = Tradepost
Apply

EndEvent

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:28 pm

Didn't see this today, will add it tomorrow.

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:26 am

lukasberger wrote:I'm pretty sure there was one other thing though, maybe China related. Just can't remember...

China would love to finally get some more options and reforms, some more colonial options. The currently distributed reforms file points at Belgium. The current array of colonial options is inferior to that of Ottomans...

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:10 am

Lynxyonok wrote:China would love to finally get some more options and reforms, some more colonial options. The currently distributed reforms file points at Belgium. The current array of colonial options is inferior to that of Ottomans...

Ok, can do on the reforms for sure. We might have to vote on the colonial stuff, any thoughts on that guys?

bjfagan
General of the Army

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:31 am

lukasberger wrote:Ok, can do on the reforms for sure. We might have to vote on the colonial stuff, any thoughts on that guys?

I am fine fixing whatever reforms are incorrectly pointed to Belgium, but I am opposed to colonial options. This is exactly what was pointed at the beginning, that China should be limited in its options. This was not meant to be an open game where everyone has the exact same options, units and structures available to play.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:32 pm

bjfagan wrote:I am fine fixing whatever reforms are incorrectly pointed to Belgium, but I am opposed to colonial options. This is exactly what was pointed at the beginning, that China should be limited in its options. This was not meant to be an open game where everyone has the exact same options, units and structures available to play.

Yes, that's exactly my thought as well, but I just didn't want to assume that everyone would agree with me :)

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:39 am

New turn coming up. Sorry for the delay!

bjfagan
General of the Army

Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:29 pm

Have any of you noticed the flags on the diplomacy screen are not working properly? It seems the flag on the right mirrors the flag of the country selected on the left side.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:19 am

bjfagan wrote:Have any of you noticed the flags on the diplomacy screen are not working properly? It seems the flag on the right mirrors the flag of the country selected on the left side.

I haven't noticed it, but will check.

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:41 am

Yes, I noticed it after the last update.

nemethand
Colonel

Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:02 am

Field Marshal Hotzendorf wrote:Yes, I noticed it after the last update.

yep, but if you click, it still changes sides.

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:59 pm

Question: according to patch v. 102's change log, you should be able to claim your nation's 'objective regions' in peace treaties, but this seems to be broken. I.e. no claimable region shows up when trying to make peace with Wallachia as Austria, even though Wallachia is part of the Austrian objective regions and it should thus be possible to acquire it in some way. At the moment this is impossible. Does anyone object to simply scripting the territorial transfer and peace?
Fiat iustitia Image Pereat mundus

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:30 pm

De_Spinoza wrote:Question: according to patch v. 102's change log, you should be able to claim your nation's 'objective regions' in peace treaties, but this seems to be broken. I.e. no claimable region shows up when trying to make peace with Wallachia as Austria, even though Wallachia is part of the Austrian objective regions and it should thus be possible to acquire it in some way. At the moment this is impossible. Does anyone object to simply scripting the territorial transfer and peace?

I personally have no problem scripting an end to Austria's seizing of an innocent little country and forcing them into the Austrian empire. :-)

What is the warscore? Maybe it needs to be higher.

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:13 am

bjfagan wrote:I personally have no problem scripting an end to Austria's seizing of an innocent little country and forcing them into the Austrian empire. :-)

What is the warscore? Maybe it needs to be higher.

I prefer to see it as a liberation... Indeed guideline no. 13315450-A/d for the bureaucrats of the Austrian Ministry of Propaganda stipulates clearly that "Austria never annexes little countries, it only liberates them from backwardness and the diabolical force of anarchic liberal-nationalism. This is important."

The warscore is only 13 now, so I'll wait for it to rise, presumably.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:06 am

De_Spinoza wrote:The warscore is only 13 now, so I'll wait for it to rise, presumably.

I think that's the right way to handle this.

btw, maybe we should re-institute the dropbox voting system from the old game for issues like this, or Chinese colonial options or whatever?

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:45 am

I won't be able to run the turn today.

nemethand
Colonel

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:23 pm

lukasberger wrote:I won't be able to run the turn today.

still need half an hour to submit

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:37 am

Ok, put up the latest turn, 1852-11-15!

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:26 pm

lukasberger wrote:I think that's the right way to handle this.

btw, maybe we should re-institute the dropbox voting system from the old game for issues like this, or Chinese colonial options or whatever?

I'd give people a week to object to a proposal, and only when there is more than one objection have a vote. I remember that during the past game we had quite a lot of votes which could become annoying.

nemethand
Colonel

Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:51 pm

De_Spinoza wrote:I'd give people a week to object to a proposal, and only when there is more than one objection have a vote. I remember that during the past game we had quite a lot of votes which could become annoying.

I am fine with that

bjfagan
General of the Army

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:37 pm

1852-12-15 coming up.

Return to “PON Conflict in Europe - Redux”