Jonathan Pollard
Major

General Player to Player Comments

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Hello! Welcome to the not-so-new PON multiplayer game. This is a fork of our other MP game "Conflict in Europe" with changes that hopefully will result in an improved gaming experience. It is a moderated game and invitation-only, at least for the time being.

We have the following countries:

USA - [open]
Britain - Jim-NC
Germany - bjfagan
France - [open]
Austria - lukasberger
Spain - [open]
Brazil - Sir Garnet
Japan - [open]
Russia -nemethand
Italy - [open]
Ottoman Empire - Citizen X
China - Jonathan Pollard
Sweden - Boernes
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Hello! Welcome to the not-so-new PON multiplayer game. This is a fork of our other MP game "Conflict in Europe" with changes that hopefully will result in an improved gaming experience. It is a moderated game and invitation-only, at least for the time being.

We have the following countries:

USA - coolbean
Britain - Jim-NC
Germany - bjfagan
France - De_Spinoza
Austria - glennbob or Savoyard?
Spain - Ojodeaguila
Brazil - Sir Garnet
Japan - Crixdaz
Russia -nemethand
Italy - Soulstrider
Ottoman Empire - Citizen X
China - Jonathan Pollard
Sweden - Boernes
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Savoyard
Private

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:20 am

Stick me in Persia again, please.

Crixdaz
Sergeant

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:48 am

I'm ok with Japan, so Italy is completely available. ;)

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:33 am

Savoyard wrote:Stick me in Persia again, please.

Sorry, Persia will not be a human-playable country in the Redux game. You're welcome to take Italy or Spain if Ojo de Aguila doesn't want Spain.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Soulstrider
Major

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Since Crixdaz is officially out of Italy, can I change from Austria to Italy then?

glennbob
Corporal

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:55 pm

What start date is this game going from? I would very much consider playing as Austria if it is indeed available :)

bjfagan
General of the Army

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:01 pm

We are basically continuing from where the last game left off... June 1879

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Soulstrider wrote:Since Crixdaz is officially out of Italy, can I change from Austria to Italy then?

Yes. Player list updated.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ojodeaguila
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:07 pm

I will continue as Spain

Savoyard
Private

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:07 pm

So personalities clash and I'm out my country... errgh.

Soulstrider
Major

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Savoyard wrote:So personalities clash and I'm out my country... errgh.

If you wish I can give you Italy, I am already playing WiC anyway.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:45 pm

We are about ready to restart the game. Are there any takers for Austria from our group of minor country players? If not, then Glenbob is ready to take over Austria.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:29 am

bjfagan wrote:We are about ready to restart the game. Are there any takers for Austria from our group of minor country players? If not, then Glenbob is ready to take over Austria.

Just sent Savoyard a private message, just to be sure. He showed interest in playing on and Persia isn't available any more.
"I am here already.", said the hedgehog to the hare.

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Citizen X, being the Ottoman player and Persia being next to you, I think you should have a say as to whether or not Persia is human-controlled, especially if Egypt is going to be AI, but the moderator decided to not have a human Persia. However, according to the rules you or anyone else in the game is entitled to ask for a vote as to whether or not a human Persia should be allowed and this would overrule the moderator. If such a vote is held, my vote would be "yes."

I also think the rules should be clarified as to whether a majority of players or majority of voters have the power to overrule the moderator. It should be assumed that in some votes, many players will choose to abstain.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

glennbob
Corporal

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Savoyard can have first refusal on Austria, but if he doesn't want it then I'll definitely have it. Definitely learnt a lot from the last MP game, not to be so trigger-happy ;)

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Jonathan Pollard wrote:Citizen X, being the Ottoman player and Persia being next to you, I think you should have a say as to whether or not Persia is human-controlled, especially if Egypt is going to be AI, but the moderator decided to not have a human Persia. However, according to the rules you or anyone else in the game is entitled to ask for a vote as to whether or not a human Persia should be allowed and this would overrule the moderator. If such a vote is held, my vote would be "yes."

I also think the rules should be clarified as to whether a majority of players or majority of voters have the power to overrule the moderator. It should be assumed that in some votes, many players will choose to abstain.

Well, it CAN be human controlled as far as I am concerned. But I am not pushing it. Allthough it is a nice thought to have peoples on the border that don't need so much action if you catch my drift. ;)

My main concern was not to exclude a fellow player just because we others couldn't fix our problems.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:00 pm

This will start our thread for player to player comments and discussions.

Sir Garnet

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:09 am

Citizen X wrote:My main concern was not to exclude a fellow player just because we others couldn't fix our problems.

And a player who has diligently improved the wealth and condition of his nation despite the handicaps of its position.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:01 pm

Seeing that we only need Austria and Spain's orders, but they are not in a war. I will process the turn.

Early July 1879

Will set the AI to take over countries without orders next turn.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:23 pm

Well we have had at least two days waiting to hear back from Savoyard in regards to taking over Austria. I guess we can now handover Austria to Glenbob. I as soon as I get his email address, I will invite him to Dropbox and he will then have Austria. Hopefully, he will contact Lukasberger to get any information and gossip on what was going on in the backrooms and parlors of Vienna.

Soulstrider
Major

Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Who was the previous Italian player? I wanted to ask him the direction he was taking the country but alas I am mixing up names in my head and not recalling him clearly.

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:02 pm

According to my records Lindi was the previous Italian player.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nemethand
Colonel

Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Current turn

I dunno if we have already reverted to the original schedule (8PM UTC) but would like to ask for an extension by an additional hour, i.e. 9PM UTC. THX

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:19 pm

nemethand wrote:Current turn

I dunno if we have already reverted to the original schedule (8PM UTC) but would like to ask for an extension by an additional hour, i.e. 9PM UTC. THX

Ok, that will give Glenbob another hour to get the Austrian password from Lukasberger.

Late July 1879

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:16 pm

We see that China has started to build a gold mine at Cali. This gold mine is part of a license deal we had with the former government of Colombia, with our part of the agreement already fullfilled. We kindly ask the chinese government to redo the decision to build there.

glennbob
Corporal

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Nope, he never replied, oh well. Hopefully he'll get it to me soon

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:24 am

Citizen X wrote:We see that China has started to build a gold mine at Cali. This gold mine is part of a license deal we had with the former government of Colombia, with our part of the agreement already fullfilled. We kindly ask the chinese government to redo the decision to build there.

It's part of a license deal you shouldn't have had with the former government of Colombia in the first place, due to the prohibition against giving benefits to countries played by the same player that they would not have received had they been played by separate players or the AI. If you think I'm wrong, I suggest you contact the moderator for his decision on whether your giving a license deal to the Ottomans from the Government of Columbia was against the rules of playing multiple countries in a spirit of independence. Even if it was not against the rules, I think you should have made a formal declaration of the license agreement because I also have a standard commercial cooperation agreement with Colombia and my building a gold mine there is in line with my agreement with the government of Colombia, since no specific exceptions were made as to what could be built there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:08 am

Someone will need to process the next turn, since I will be unavailable.

Glenbob, he sent you the password.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:29 am

Jonathan Pollard wrote:It's part of a license deal you shouldn't have had with the former government of Colombia in the first place, due to the prohibition against giving benefits to countries played by the same player that they would not have received had they been played by separate players or the AI. If you think I'm wrong, I suggest you contact the moderator for his decision on whether your giving a license deal to the Ottomans from the Government of Columbia was against the rules of playing multiple countries in a spirit of independence. Even if it was not against the rules, I think you should have made a formal declaration of the license agreement because I also have a standard commercial cooperation agreement with Colombia and my building a gold mine there is in line with my agreement with the government of Colombia, since no specific exceptions were made as to what could be built there.

THere was a rule against cannabalizing one country for another. Nothing more. This was not the case here. Had I been playing either country I had agreed in the same way I had done it in personal union, for they were of mutual benefit. That was what the rule was about. I have always played and will always play any country to best of my ability and judgement, in such a way that I can hand it over in any given moment to another player or the AI with clear conscience. That's not what everybody can say that I have played with in the past months.

I have announced several times that there will be a mutual licensing. Nobody, including you, ever objected, other then telling me not to cannibalize.

The last time I announced it in the emails regarding the forming of this spin off, saying that there was still unfinished business with Egypt and Colombia that needed to be put straight. Nobody, including you, objected or even asked about it. Therefor I also think that you should at least have been asking, before building there.

The "regular" agreement that you have with Colombia has been giving to you by the former government (aka me) in the best believe that you wouldn't tackle into agreements it has with other nations, be it the Ottomans or any other. Had I known THIS here, you wouldn't now have an agreement, naturally.

The Ottomans have already payed their part of the deal. You will definitly not take profit out of something that I have payed for.

The goldmine there wouldnt even be available, had I not been in charge. Had anybody objected into putting things straight the way I had planned it, I wouldn't have made place for it in the turn, that I could not know would be the very last I was allowed to submit for Colombia.

Now delete that mine.

Return to “PON Conflict in Europe - Redux”