PhilThib

Game Suspended while Player confirm stance

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:50 pm

I will stop processing the game for the time being, as the number of players submitting orders is at best 4 or 5 each turn. Important nations are no longer taken care of. Some players already mentionned their leaving...others their unavailability...some don't even bother to send turns more than once in 10 or 12.

At this stage, one must wonder if this is still worth continuing. Therefore I am freezing the game as of January 1st, 1887.

I need players to do the following:

1 - Confirm they want to continue, if so commit themselves to submitting orders regularly
2 - Prefer to stand down. If so, they can just quit or suggest a replacement player

I don't have much free time and can't afford the countless minutes spent eveyr evening for only 3 or 4 guys out of 13 initially. Personally, I don't mind continuing handling if at least 10 players are still around. Otherwise, it would be better to call it quit.

Germany will continue playing if at least all of top 10 nations stay in the game (their players or a replacement player)

Thanks to make your stance

Jim-NC

Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:47 pm

I want to continue (USA).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:10 pm

I've been out for a while but since Phil included me in the email I'll just say here that I'm still out. Sorry. Two games just turned out to be too much for me.

Lindi
General

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:30 pm

I want to continue (France)

Ech Heftag
Sergeant

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:28 pm

I'm still good (Japan).

Matto
Colonel

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:17 pm

Me too (China)
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

Leibst

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:18 pm

Austria will continue too.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

unclejoe
Lieutenant

Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:41 pm

lukasberger wrote:I've been out for a while but since Phil included me in the email I'll just say here that I'm still out. Sorry. Two games just turned out to be too much for me.

Same here......out. Enjoying single player game a lot....... want to use my game time to concentrate on that......also, didn't see/have a Goal for Belgium.

Lemoni
Sergeant

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Although Holland is a minor nation not influencing the game I am still IN. Sometimes due to heavy work I loose rounds but the AI takes over and then still IN. People have problems, have a life ,have a job etc but the Host also has the same things to manage. I think there should be an open invitation for new players in the forum. If no one responds or less than +5 respond Phill's decision to stop the game is correct

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:31 am

Would it make sense to consider having some of the players from this game join CIE Redux if there isn't enough support here for Phil to continue? France, Spain, Italy, Japan, and maybe the USA are open in CIE-R. Not sure if we were intending to have Belgium, Holland etc playable in that game or not, but they also don't have players.

Both games now have very, very similar house rules and some of the things that made CIE less than fun, the constant squabbling for example, have been resolved when the game made the change from CIE to CIE-R.

It'd make more sense to have one really strong game rather than two games at half strength.

PhilThib

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:31 am

I would not mind joining the games if players agree. At the moment, I can't spend time managing a game where some key nations are absent, I feel it is better to call it quit.
I don't mind taking over a nation in the CIE-R if need be (Japan would be fine for me).

If by end of the week we have not found players willing to take up Italy, Ottoman Empire, Spain and Russia in WinC (the two players who did not answer), it's better to stop the game there.

Soulstrider
Major

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:07 am

As much as I would love to continue, it is impossible for me until February 2014 (and even after that I don't know how busy will I be with my thesis)

bjfagan
General of the Army

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:19 am

There really isn't anything left within Italy for a player to takeover, but I could hand it over if someone wants it otherwise I can continue with it. However, I recommend moving players to the CIE-R game. I believe Coolbean has been away for a couple weeks, but he might be back soon.

Sir Garnet

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:05 am

I think the game is worth continuing. The Euro bloc is a strategic issue. Combat in the South African War is remarkable and has some lessons - don't have time to organize the photos and text yet.

But the per turn workload for an extensive empire is considerable, and I'm very pressed this month as well so so a hiatus is welcome (or someone else taking over Britain).

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Any decision reached yet? Anyone up for grabbing some of the open nations in CIE-R?

PhilThib

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:42 am

Waiting 3 days more for potential Russia answer (not heard from him since weeks). As I said, I am open to take some nations in CIE-R if the majority of people move there.

Lemoni
Sergeant

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Me too. I am interested for Spain if it is available and in a playable condition.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Lemoni wrote:Me too. I am interested for Spain if it is available and in a playable condition.

It is :)

Lemoni
Sergeant

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:34 pm

Count me in. I will create a new e mail because the old one no longer works and I will wait for invitation

PhilThib

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:59 am

OK. Knowing that we can't find replacements for key nations and have some players absent, plus the fact some people (including me) would not mind going to CIE-R to continue at least one of the games, then I feel it is better to call it quit. In addition, my spare time for running the game is lower and lower, because mostly of the simultaneous game releases at Ageod right now, so I will appreciate the break too.

Somewhere during next week, I'll make a summary of the game and a small post-mortem report so that what was learnt and enjoyed in this game van be of use for future ones.

Lindi
General

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:09 pm

For me is a really good experience and fun game, excepte the end.

Good continuation for all playeur, maybe see you in the futur for fight in other game of ageod :)

For finish my idee now is maybe PON more a Solo game, PBM to much hard same for this time with so little war. The men with the country in a game need war for fun, and with a very good system for war is more true :niark:

Jonathan Pollard
Major

Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:23 pm

In the CiE-R game, the French AI declared war against Britain last turn, so anyone who would like to fight a war immediately is welcome to take over France.
"Two suspects are in FBI custody after a truckload of explosives was discovered around the George Washington Bridge...the FBI...says enough explosives were in the truck to do great damage to the George Washington Bridge." Dan Rather of CBS News, 9/11/2001
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:07 pm

There were plenty of wars in CIE. I think if we fill out the human players it may get some action started in CIE-R too.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:46 pm

I will make a list of available countries in the CIE-R General Comments thread. Please go over there to choose one of the available countries. I think Lindi would have first crack at France and Lemoni at Spain. PhilT expressed an interest in Japan.

Return to “[PON] World in Conflict - Diplomacy & News Thread”