iñurrigorri
Private

Text of the events disappeared

Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:58 pm

Sorry for my english, I'm using the google translator.

Problem: the text of the events does not appear. Does anyone know how to fix it?

(I'm playing in steam version and patch 1.04.5).

Thank you.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Text of the events disappeared

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:59 am

Are you playing in English language or in any other?

If so, try using English first and se if it does not appear there either.

Sometimes it is an issue with the localization into another language.

iñurrigorri
Private

Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi. Thanks for answering, Citizen X.

I changed the language of the game to english (I was playing in spanish), but the problem continues, for example with the ParisCongress1856 event that ends the Crimea by playing with Russia (I do not take a screenshot because I do not know how to do it).

Maybe I should reinstall the game and start a new game in english language?

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:52 am

You click on Paris Congress, a window appears, but it is empty?

iñurrigorri
Private

Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:16 pm

Yes, that is what happens. Instead of appearing any text, it says the following: at the top, in the heading, "evt_nam_RUS_ParisCongress1856"; and in the bottom part, the one corresponding to the text, "evt_txt_RUS_ParisCongress1856".

I'm playing with Russia in english, but I started the game in spanish. I do not know if that has anything to do with the problem.
Attachments
Captura de pantalla (2).png
Captura de pantalla (2).png (3.38 MiB) Viewed 5398 times

Bateman1982
Private

Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:52 pm

It doesn't look like this was ever solved, but I have this exact problem, I have what looks like a text file reference in place of the actual text, for some events and also for text relating to leaders.
See attached screenshot.

Steam version of the game.
Have tried running the exe as administrator and starting a new game but the issue persists (at least with the leader text)

EDIT: the issue still seems to be present with the Matrixgames version as well so it doesn't appear to be linked to Steam.
Attachments
PoN paris congress.jpg
PoN paris congress.jpg (435.22 KiB) Viewed 3137 times

Durk

Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:37 am

I think this is mostly a memory issue. If you go into options and allocate maximum memory to run the game; and, if you always run the game in administrative mode, you should not see this but the original message and photo.

Bateman1982
Private

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:48 am

Thanks Durk, I've got the memory usage set to the max option (75% of physical memory) so I can't do much more than that.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that this is something to do with the Steam version of the game as I've noticed that when in military mode, the icons for rail pool and riverine points look incorrect (you can see them in the first screenshot I attached above).
In the matrix version patched to 1.04.5, the icons look different and more like I'd expect.

The game still functions, I just seem to be getting a fair few of these odd event references coming up so thought it worth asking the question to see if others have the same issue.

For example, the event name below appearing in the log (new screenshot attached)
Attachments
event_name_showing.jpg
event_name_showing.jpg (486.78 KiB) Viewed 3110 times

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”