jason2947
Civilian

Can only save one turn

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:53 pm

I'm playing a single player game. Whenever I save, the file overwrites saves from previous turns. It doesn't give me a chance to rename the save file.

How can I keep multiple snapshots from a single game?

Durk

Re: Can only save one turn

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:30 am

What you can do is to use the consul, ctrl ~ to bring up some options. If you select, run as a different faction, you can save under a new name. This is the only way I know how to do it.

allan_boa
Colonel

Re: Can only save one turn

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:34 pm

jason2947 wrote:I'm playing a single player game. Whenever I save, the file overwrites saves from previous turns. It doesn't give me a chance to rename the save file.

Hi, here's what the manual says about it (page 16) ...
---------------
Saving a Game
At any time, you can hit the Esc key to reach the Main Menu, where can then access the Save Game menu. You
generally don’t have to manually save a game, as this is done automatically each turn once you hit “End Turn.” You
have the option to restore from any of the 12 previous turns of any saved game
(players may edit the number of
saved turns in a settings file). The only instance where you might want to manually save a game is if you want to
change Options or need a rest in the middle of a turn, or if you want to rename a saved game file (please don’t
rename a save file outside of the game). The game automatically updates your active save when you exit to the
main menu during play, but while playing inside the game you can at any time “save as” a different file name. So
when you want to quit, just click the “End Turn” button and stop playing. You can “Resume Game” from the main
menu later

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”