stockwellpete
Sergeant

Unable to launch game . . .

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:48 pm

I purchased Pride of Nations on Steam 3-4 years ago and I am now trying to re-install it (along with the 4xDLC) on a new hard drive. The install process seems to work perfectly OK and I have an icon on my desktop and I can access the manual. But when I try to launch the game it tells me the game is "Running" for a few seconds and then it stops.

I looked on the Steam forum for help and it indicated it might be Firewall problem with Norton Internet Security that I have installed (although I do also have Revolution Under Siege from Steam and that launches OK each time). So I checked the Firewall Program Control and all the Steam applications (Bootstrapper, Service, Webhelper, Error Reporter) are "allowed". So is Revolution Under Siege (as are the other games that I have) but Pride of Nations does not appear on that list at all. The Steam website then refers people to the game publishers website for more help.

Do you have any suggestions as to what else I might try? Thank you.

Pocus

Re: Unable to launch game . . .

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:28 am

Hello there!

For installations issues, you can seek advices from the HelpDesk here: support@slitherine.co.uk

stockwellpete
Sergeant

Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Pocus wrote:Hello there!

For installations issues, you can seek advices from the HelpDesk here: support@slitherine.co.uk

Thank you.

stockwellpete
Sergeant

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:03 pm

It was a Microsoft Direct X issue. I needed to upgrade it and now the game works properly. Thanks.

Pocus

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:12 am

good to know!

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”