Prussia
Lieutenant

No Pips showing for experience...

Wed May 11, 2016 8:35 am

Using the latest beta patch, I have no indicators of a units experience. The line "Experience" is there but no stars or pips.

Saw a pic of a unit in Loki's AAR with experience pips, so I know something is wrong, mostly likely with my installation.

Any recommendations as to which folders I should be looking into to verify the proper image files are installed?

Thanks in advance

Prussia
Lieutenant

Wed May 11, 2016 1:53 pm

Of the 19 people that have visited this thread: do any of you have pips/stars on your units for experience?

Thanks very much.

Siegfroh
Major

Wed May 11, 2016 2:25 pm

I had the case of Austrian Landwehr units auto-train even though they had zero experience. Or, in the light of your observation, maybe they had the required experience but it wasn't shown:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?43181-Landwehr-men-decide-to-become-regulars

After my battles I never noticed any experience points or symbols shown, even though I frequently had a look at the individual elements of my units. But I didn't play the game for long, I am still waiting for or dreaming of a bug free version.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Wed May 11, 2016 9:37 pm

Siegfroh:

Thank you for the confirmation- you indeed have the missing experience indicators as I. So somewhere along the journey to PON these indicators fell off the boat. Having done many a year in CWII, and being very used to following the development of my units, this was one of the first things that I noticed.

Wonder if it is an installation error? Otherwise: Pocus please take a gander at this issue, thank you.

Kind regards,
JC

Prussia
Lieutenant

Wed May 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Well the XPLevel1-5 png's appear to be in the correct folder when comparing to CWII. The folder Su numbers & XP is being accessed as this is where the chevron Png's reside, and those are displaying; just the Xplevel pips are not being read.

Best to all.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Mon May 16, 2016 6:48 pm

Pocus:

Can missing Experience Pips be added to the fix list as well, please?

Thank you.

Siegfroh
Major

Tue May 17, 2016 6:56 am

Prussia wrote:Can missing Experience Pips be added to the fix list as well, please?

Thank you.

I second that :hat:

Pocus

Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:41 pm

That's fixed for the upcoming official patch :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”