articon
Civilian

Click end-turn, will result in going to the menu

Sun May 01, 2016 9:15 am

Hi there,

My game has been running for ingame 1 year now. when I click next turn, the game automatically goes to the menu, and says my game has been saved. If I try to press Resume game, I get an direct X errror, and I have to close the application. If I load the game again, and press "End turn", same thing happens.

At the same time, I have tried several times the last couple of days to play the game, but the game simple crashes suddenly. I can't play the save game any longer. This is terrible for me, as it simple makes the game unplayable.

Any advice or how to proceed?

Pocus

Tue May 03, 2016 2:02 pm

There is most probably a bug in the saved game, you should try backing up one turn and restart from there.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

JNJ44
Conscript

Re: Click end-turn, will result in going to the menu

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi Pocus,

Just had the same problem in Japan 1858. Tried to use backed up games. Went 5 turns before but each save gave the same result : back to main menu.

Relatively desperating to have to begin a new game knowing it could happen anytime again after hours of play.

Thanks for your help...and great game despite this kind of frustrating problems.

Best,
JNJ

Pocus

Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:29 pm

I would say the bug is not repeatable, right, as it comes from a driver/directX problem. In this case this can be for the best, because if you save with some regularity your turn, then even if you crash, you can resume and then finally proceed to the next turn. There is no planned update on the engine and how it uses directX alas, also.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:48 pm

JNJ44 wrote:Hi Pocus,

Just had the same problem in Japan 1858. Tried to use backed up games. Went 5 turns before but each save gave the same result : back to main menu.

Relatively desperating to have to begin a new game knowing it could happen anytime again after hours of play.

Thanks for your help...and great game despite this kind of frustrating problems.

Best,
JNJ

I also had the problem of the game dropping to the main menu when ending turn. What I found was that clicking on resume brought me back to the game, without any action being lost. I would then take another action or two, click end turn, and it would work properly.

This did not work for the OP, who got a direct x error when he pressed resume. But your problem might be more like mine than his, unless you have already tried pressing resume after you have dropped to the menu, and gotten a direct x error.

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”