sunseekers
Private

Game Runs Sooooo Sloooowly

Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Anybody know any tips or ways of speeding up the game, especially when the AI is thinking or preparing moves? I am on Steam BTW, I have 4gig of RAM available but it still can take up to 5 minutes + just thinking before it even starts th efirst day of the nex tturn :-(

BTW I am on Steam, if that helps. There have been loads of complaints on their discussion boards about how slowly and poorly the game runs there, as well.

Erostratus
Corporal

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:39 pm

Why dont you work on your abs while the machine is processing the turns, I've got quite a six pack going already and I'm not even out of the 1850s.

sunseekers
Private

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:20 pm

I'm reading War & Peace now whilst it meanders and the various cogs and wheels turn over thinking about turns...

Pocus

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:19 am

Are you using the latest public beta patch available in the Help Improve PON subforum? Because it probably speeds up the game by a factor of two. It is out since more than one year now, but after Wars of Napoleon official update, we will make it official asap.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”