Veghist
Conscript

Does it even worth playing Prussia?

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:47 am

Hi,

I'm very frustrated.

I'm playing Prussia, it is the summer of 1866, Holsten war never happened though somehow a turn after Denmark annected Holsten, the 2 Hessens, Hannover and Schasen joined me. In 1855 I got so angry that I attacked Denmark. I have beaten them without major losses, all of their ground troops are gone, att territories save for Iceland are conquered fleet beaten, and my warscore is 7! When their main army surrendered, it said that I received 70 victory points. What are victory points? Warscore? if so, why doesn't it count? I hold all Denmark with 100% military presence, but in a year warscore did not improve at all. still 7.
My relation with austria is still 100%, defensive treaty and all... How will I ever go to war against Austria? If I don't how will I have war with the French?
So far the game was boring enough, I hoped that I can reunite Germany eventually.

Is there any point playing this game? Without the unification I cannot even colonize!

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:24 am

I've not played Prussia so this is a bit second hand, but.

There seems to be some problem with the Holstein events and the 1862-3 war. What I'd suggest you do is to script the transfer of the key province to Prussia and end the war. There are some sample scripts in this thread that will give you what you need.

From other Prussian players, once that is sorted the Austrian event chain should work fine. Perhaps look at the German Unification event file and find the Gastein related events. Those control the drift to war with Austria and the Nikolsberg events the creation of Germany.

You don't get the colony options till you beat France. Also by 1880 or so, you get some scripted colonies in East and South West Africa, so worth building that into your plans.

More generally, you'll probably get more and quicker responses in the main part of the forum rather than here. I only saw your post as I was looking for an older patch related thread
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Veghist
Conscript

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:28 am

Thanks, I posted it to the main thread. I thougjht it belonged here because I think it is a broken script.

HerrDan

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:30 am

Veghist wrote:Thanks, I posted it to the main thread. I thougjht it belonged here because I think it is a broken script.

No, it's not broken.

Veghist
Conscript

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:32 pm

HerrDan wrote:No, it's not broken.

Anyway what file should I edit to have an event ending the war with Denmark and giving myself Holsten? I found the piece of script, but it didn't say where to paste it.

Btw. I think having a warscore that hasn't increase and stays at 7 is broken in my eyes. The wiki says it should increase. Or is it because I haven't occupied Iceland? I occupy Zanzibar completely for ten years now the warscore is still -1. Don't say it is a feature not a bug...

Jim-NC

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:16 pm

I would place the script you are using at the end of the Prussian/German event file. Yes, the 7 war score should increase. The 70 victory points are not related to war score. They are called Prestige Points in the game. That helps determine the overall victor.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”